Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to list shell of account? Post 302485224 by joeyg on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 02:49:38 PM
Old 01-04-2011
You can look at the /etc/passwd file

If you
Code:
grep "news" </etc/passwd

you will see the details for account news

See also -->
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...ent-shell.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix shell account

i purchased a unix shell account and got myself into a bit of trouble with my providers heh i got 3 automated emails telling me i had 3 background processes running, and my limit is two, which i knew. after a couple of emails between myself and a human being, he suggested i look up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I get a Free Shell Account?

I am new to UNIX and am interested to practice on a Shell account with some basic Unix installed, does anyone know of a free or cheap shell account? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shneurg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create POP 3 Account via Shell

This may be so simple that I am overlooking it somewhere, but search as I may, I cannot find an answer anywhere! I am running a Linux box with sendmail and many different virtual domains. I cannot however, figure out how to setup a pop3 account for a specific domain. For example, I have a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermite
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX shell account

I am just wondering if there is a way I can obtain a free shell account for an AIX server that I can make test drive on it. I tried google search and ibm's web site but couldn't find anything.. regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell account SSH Tunnelling?

What do I need to do to be able to connect to an IRC server from work? At work I'm behind a firewall that blocks all IRC connections on standard ports. I read that I could use a shell account and set something up (which I am searching what) that I could use to connect to and tunnel my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KromiX
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list all locked account in linux?

Hi How do i list all locked account in my linux distributiion I have tried passwd -S -a but it seems to not working . My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

List shell of specific account

Hi everyone. I am wondering how I would accomplish outputting the shell of a specific account on a single line of output. For example I would like to list the shell of 'news' as... /bin/sh providing its current shell is /bin/sh. This probably is a simple answer that I haven't been able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinharris43
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to list Inactive user account in AIX 5.3?

Hello, I have a situation, where I ask for to get a list of all inactive users (expire or locked in last 41 days). I looked into /etc/shadow (no such file in my server). I referred some old threads but not found useful information. I'm using AIX 5.3 .... I have total 1641 users in server. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)