Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: download di file di testo
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers download di file di testo Post 302485105 by valei on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 09:57:57 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Question txt files download

Hi everybody,
I'm new on this forum and I hope to use it correctly.
My question is: I have to download from a bash script the text file at the following page:
opm.phar.umich.edu/subunits.php
How can I do it? The wget function downloads the html code, while I want to get the text file only. Does anybody can help me?
Thanks.
Valentina

Last edited by valei; 01-04-2011 at 11:06 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wget to download a file

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to use wget recursively to download a file. Only html files are being downloaded, instead of the target file. I'm trying this for the first time, here's what I've tried: wget -r -O jdk.bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to download the file

Dear Experts, I m using the Solaris operating system and WebSphere as application server. I want to download xml file using following url http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:9080/wasPerfTool/servlet/perfservlet?server=XYZ And the download file should saved into file. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Help with locating a file (to download)

debian_base_system.tar.bz2 is what I am looking for. Hello All; I am trying to learn Linux and have done some work, now I am installing Xen virtual machine But I need a .tar.bz2 file which is the base Operating System (for Ubuntu or Debian)* but I do not know where to download it from, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matey
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download the file

Hi!! I have to download one file from FTP on a daily basis but the file name not constant. Filename “BRAA.DAILY1.20120326.3456” BRAA.DAILY1. - constant 20120326 - system date 3456 - random number which will get change every day. Few sample file names - ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul198228
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP File download

Hi, I have few files at FTP location and have written a script to download the same from ftp based on the sysdate - 1, however with the below code I am unable to download the files from FTP. x=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` mget Daily_BIH_$x_NEW.tar.gz can anyone please help me in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies
JIGDO-LITE(1)															     JIGDO-LITE(1)

NAME
jigdo-lite - Download jigdo files using wget SYNOPSIS
jigdo-lite [ URL ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. Given the URL of a `.jigdo' file, jigdo-lite downloads the large file (e.g. a CD image) that has been made available through that URL. wget(1) is used to download the necessary pieces of administrative data (contained in the `.jigdo' file and a corresponding `.template' file) as well as the many pieces that the large file is made from. The jigdo-file(1) utility is used to reconstruct the large file from the pieces. `.jigdo' files that contain references to Debian mirrors are treated specially: When such a file is recognized, you are asked to select one mirror out of a list of all Debian mirrors. If URL is not given on the command line, the script prompts for a location to download the `.jigdo' file from. The following command line options are recognized: -h --help Output short summary of command syntax. -v --version Output version number. --scan FILES Do not ask for "Files to scan", use this path. --noask Do not ask any questions, instead behave as if the user had pressed Return at all prompts. This can be useful when running jigdo- lite from cron jobs or in other non-interactive environments. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-mirror(1), wget(1) (or `info wget') CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-LITE(1)