Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] remsh command on hp-ux Post 302485089 by vbe on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 08:54:52 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Try to connect to srv4 using remsh:
Code:
remsh srv4

It should at least ask you the passwd...
If after giving the (good) passwd it works, it leaves you with perms issue on .rhosts or..
If you dont even get there, then you may have the service denied (remsh not a valid login...) you would have to look at /var/adm/inetd.sec
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remsh command

Hi Can any 1 tell me how to use REMSH command with example actually i wanted to run the following command on different severs thru script "df -k .| tail -1 | tr -s ' ' ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f5" :) please reply ASAP.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy_07
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reusing a 'NOT' command

Hi Guys I'm trying to search for all lines that that do not contain the dash (-) in it. eg - I have the following list of numbers.I want to see those that donot contain the (-) in it.In this case '20151' 20151-60882 20151-60883 20151-60891 20151 20151-60893 Thanking you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Assistance with find command please

Trying to locate files less than xx days old, throughout all directories/subdirectories, but excluding certain types of directories and files. The directories I want to search all contain the same characteristic (dbdef, pldef, ghdef, etc), and there are subdirectories within that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Condmach
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]Help with a sed command

So I have a bunch of strings in a file. Example Line ./prcol/trt/conf/conf-app/jobdefinition/trt-pre-extr-trt-step.jdef Intended Result pre-extr-trt-step So far I have parsed it out to the last bit, echo $line | cut -d'/' -f7 | cut -d. -f1Result trt-pre-extr-trt-step So I added a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] sed command

Help request, I have tsted this line of code for hours. The first line works and the second line returns the message " sed: command garbled.....". This is running on solaris. The "${} variables all have good values when echoed. ## /bin/sed -n '1,25p' ${file} >> ${MailFile} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millerg225
3 Replies

6. Solaris

[SOLVED] Issue with hostname command

Hi, i'm having issues with one of my db servers, each time i run the hostname command i get "-a" as result this is the only zone on this server where i have this issue. could any one help me with this issue (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EduardoDiaz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Tree as alias command

Hi, I have this command: ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/*\//--/g' -e 's/^/ /' -e 's/-/|/' Works nicely to show the current file structure as a tree. I'd like to have it as an alias in '' but doesn't work just like that and I can't fix it with backslashes: alias tree='?' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Setfacl command help

HI, How to use setfacl for a domain user? I have an AD domain name manjunath and a domain user of the same domain named boarduser1. My cluster is joined to the domain. I am trying to set ACL for the boarduser1 on a file. I have tried this: setfacl -m u:Manjunath\boarduser1:rwx <file>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prinsh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Finger command

Hi, I am writing script to take last logon user id detials by using finger command. But I am getting below output. wer34 Feb 10:23 I NEED to display wer34 Feb 10 2013 10:23, Is there any way to get like this. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] sed command help

Hello all. Im trying very hard to figure this out, but Im a newbie. I have a file that looks like this.... 6315551234 NJ224 5162224567 SUFF Im trying to put a command together that will make it into this.... UM,6315551234,,,,,NJ224,0 UM,5162224567,,,,,SUFF,0 Im all over the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
7 Replies
xon(1X) 																   xon(1X)

NAME
xon - start an X program on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
xon remote-host [-access] [-debug] [-name window-name] [-nols] [-screen screen-no] [-user user-name] [command...] OPTIONS
Note that the options follow the remote host name (as they do with rlogin). Runs xhost locally to add the remote host to the host access list in the X server. This will not work unless xhost is given permission to modify the access list. Normally, xon disconnects the remote process from stdin, stdout and stderr to eliminate the daemon processes which usually connect them across the network. Specifying the -debug option leaves them connected so that error messages from the remote execution are sent back to the originating host. This specifies a different application name and window title for the default command (xterm). Normally xon passes the -ls option to the remote xterm; this option suspends that behaviour. This changes the screen number of the DISPLAY variable passed to the remote command. By default, xon simply uses rsh/remsh/rcmd to connect to the remote machine using the same user name as on the local machine. This option cause xon to specify an alternative user name. This will not work unless you have authorization to access the remote account, by placing an appropriate entry in the remote users file. DESCRIPTION
The xon program runs the specified command (default xterm -ls) on the remote machine using rsh, remsh, or rcmd. xon passes the DISPLAY, XAUTHORITY and XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment variables to the remote command. When no command is specified, xon runs 'xterm -ls'. It additionally specifies the application name to be 'xterm-remote-host' and the win- dow title to be 'remote-host'. xon can only work when the remote host will allow you to log in without a password, by having an entry in the file permitting access. BUGS
xon can get easily confused when the remote-host, user-name or various environment variable values contain white space. xon has no way to send the appropriate X authorization information to the remote host. xon(1X)