Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Parse word from command output Post 302485081 by m.d.ludwig on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 08:17:41 AM
Old 01-04-2011
I am glad that you find my posting useful.

You asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed_zaher
<snip>
but how to specify the 3rd or 4th ,.., etc for each line.
<snip>
3rd or 4th what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script assistance; paste word into external command

I'm attempting to create a Perl script that will: Take the contents of the usernames.tmp file (usernames.tmp is created from an awk one-liner ran against /etc/passwd) Take one line at a time and pass it to the su command as a users name. This should go on until there is no more name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse the given word

Hi , i need to parse the dir /opt/net/Pro/inv/do/disc_001812 to get only dsic001812 . how to do the same using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuthuAlagappan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse Word Cksum help

Hi all, I'm attempting to parse through a .bin file word by word and perform a cksum on each word using perl. I'm new to perl so I dont exactly know how to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to parse a word character by character

Hi All, Can anyone help me please, I have a word like below. 6,76 I want to read this word and check if it has "," (comma) and if yes then i want to replace it with "." (dot). That means i want to be changed to 6.76 If the word doesnot contain "," then its should not be changed. Eg. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse output and print it comma separated

I need to arrange output of SQL query into a comma separated format and I'm struggling with processing the output... The output is something like this: <Attribute1 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute2 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parse 2 particular lines from Command output

Hi All, I need help on the following req. I am getting output of a command as follows: 16377612 total memory 3802460 used memory 2827076 active memory 681948 inactive memory 12575152 free memory 477452 buffer memory I want to compute used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailsara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of a command in perl

Hi All If i run the following command nvidia-settings -V -q screens I get this output X Screen on sutton:0 sutton:0.0 (Quadro FX 4600) Is connected to the following display devices: DELL 2007FP (DFP-0: 0x00010000) Eizo CG243W (DFP-1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl command to replace word in file...

Hi, I want to search for a specific word in file and replace whole line with new text. e.g. 1) I have file with below lines APP=ABCD 12/12/2012 DB=DDB 01/01/2013 I need perl command which will check for APP=$VAL and replace whole line with APP=$NEWVAL $NEWDT Simlarly need a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse iostat command output

Hi, I got the code below is one of the threads from this forum. lineCount=$(iostat | wc -l) numDevices=$(expr $lineCount - 7); iostat $interval -x -t | awk -v awkCpuFile=$cpuFile -v awkDeviceFile=$deviceFile -v awkNumDevices=$numDevices ' BEGIN { print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopivallabha
2 Replies
YAPP(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   YAPP(1)

NAME
yapp - A perl frontend to the Parse::Yapp module SYNOPSYS
yapp [options] grammar[.yp] yapp -V yapp -h DESCRIPTION
yapp is a frontend to the Parse::Yapp module, which lets you compile Parse::Yapp grammar input files into Perl LALR(1) OO parser modules. OPTIONS
Options, as of today, are all optionals :-) -v Creates a file grammar.output describing your parser. It will show you a summary of conflicts, rules, the DFA (Deterministic Finite Automaton) states and overall usage of the parser. -s Create a standalone module in which the driver is included. Note that if you have more than one parser module called from a program, to have it standalone, you need this option only for one of your parser module. -n Disable source file line numbering embedded in your parser module. I don't know why one should need it, but it's there. -m module Gives your parser module the package name (or name space or module name or class name or whatever-you-call-it) of module. It defaults to grammar -o outfile The compiled output file will be named outfile for your parser module. It defaults to grammar.pm or, if you specified the option -m A::Module::Name (see below), to Name.pm. -t filename The -t filename option allows you to specify a file which should be used as template for generating the parser output. The default is to use the internal template defined in Parse::Yapp::Output.pm. For how to write your own template and which substitutions are available, have a look to the module Parse::Yapp::Output.pm : it should be obvious. -b shebang If you work on systems that understand so called shebangs, and your generated parser is directly an executable script, you can specifie one with the -b option, ie: yapp -b '/usr/local/bin/perl -w' -o myscript.pl myscript.yp This will output a file called myscript.pl whose very first line is: #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w The argument is mandatory, but if you specify an empty string, the value of $Config{perlpath} will be used instead. grammar The input grammar file. If no suffix is given, and the file does not exists, an attempt to open the file with a suffix of .yp is tried before exiting. -V Display current version of Parse::Yapp and gracefully exits. -h Display the usage screen. BUGS
None known now :-) AUTHOR
Francois Desarmenien <francois@fdesar.net> COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1998-1999 Francois Desarmenien, all rights reserved. See Parse::Yapp(3) for legal use and distribution rights SEE ALSO
Parse::Yapp(3) Perl(1) yacc(1) bison(1) perl v5.12.1 2001-02-11 YAPP(1)