Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Parse word from command output Post 302485067 by ahmed_zaher on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 06:54:05 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Perl Parse word from command output

Hello,

I used the following script to conect to cisco router:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Getopt::Long;
use Opsware::NAS::Connect;
my($host, $port, $user, $pass) = ('localhost','$tc_proxy_telnet_port$','$tc_user_username$','$tc_user_password$');
my $device = '#$tc_device_id$';
my @output;
my $con = Opsware::NAS::Connect->new(-user => $user, -pass => $pass, -host => $host, -port => $port);
$con->login();
$con->connect( $device ) or die "Failed to connect.";
$con->cmd("terminal length 0");

print "sh run int tu0\n";
@output = $con->cmd("sh run int tu0");
print join("\n", @output);
@output = $con->disconnect();
$con->logout();
undef $con;
exit(0);

I want to parse the bandwidth value of the following "sh run int tu0" command output:

Code:
Building configuration...
Current configuration : 454 bytes
!
interface Tunnel0
 description T.E.Data Tunnel to Giza2 Tu52 1M
 bandwidth 1000
 ip address 10.214.2.6 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip mtu 1476
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 zone-member security Outside
 ip summary-address eigrp 1 10.14.2.0 255.255.255.0 5
 no ip mroute-cache
 load-interval 30
 cdp enable
 tunnel source 10.217.2.222
 tunnel destination 10.217.1.254
 tunnel path-mtu-discovery
end

I want to parse the value of "1000" of the output "bandwidth 1000" and put it in variable.

Thanks in advance,
Ahmed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script assistance; paste word into external command

I'm attempting to create a Perl script that will: Take the contents of the usernames.tmp file (usernames.tmp is created from an awk one-liner ran against /etc/passwd) Take one line at a time and pass it to the su command as a users name. This should go on until there is no more name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse the given word

Hi , i need to parse the dir /opt/net/Pro/inv/do/disc_001812 to get only dsic001812 . how to do the same using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuthuAlagappan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse Word Cksum help

Hi all, I'm attempting to parse through a .bin file word by word and perform a cksum on each word using perl. I'm new to perl so I dont exactly know how to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to parse a word character by character

Hi All, Can anyone help me please, I have a word like below. 6,76 I want to read this word and check if it has "," (comma) and if yes then i want to replace it with "." (dot). That means i want to be changed to 6.76 If the word doesnot contain "," then its should not be changed. Eg. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse output and print it comma separated

I need to arrange output of SQL query into a comma separated format and I'm struggling with processing the output... The output is something like this: <Attribute1 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute2 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parse 2 particular lines from Command output

Hi All, I need help on the following req. I am getting output of a command as follows: 16377612 total memory 3802460 used memory 2827076 active memory 681948 inactive memory 12575152 free memory 477452 buffer memory I want to compute used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailsara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of a command in perl

Hi All If i run the following command nvidia-settings -V -q screens I get this output X Screen on sutton:0 sutton:0.0 (Quadro FX 4600) Is connected to the following display devices: DELL 2007FP (DFP-0: 0x00010000) Eizo CG243W (DFP-1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl command to replace word in file...

Hi, I want to search for a specific word in file and replace whole line with new text. e.g. 1) I have file with below lines APP=ABCD 12/12/2012 DB=DDB 01/01/2013 I need perl command which will check for APP=$VAL and replace whole line with APP=$NEWVAL $NEWDT Simlarly need a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse iostat command output

Hi, I got the code below is one of the threads from this forum. lineCount=$(iostat | wc -l) numDevices=$(expr $lineCount - 7); iostat $interval -x -t | awk -v awkCpuFile=$cpuFile -v awkDeviceFile=$deviceFile -v awkNumDevices=$numDevices ' BEGIN { print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopivallabha
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)