Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc Post 302485049 by nsinha on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 04:43:12 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc

Hi

We have a huge codebase in HP-UX and we are porting them in RH-Linux. I am facing the problem of making the following code work in gcc -

Code:
ofstream ofs;
int fd = open(fileName, openState, openMode));
func(fd);
const Boolean func(const int fileDescriptor)
{
    ofs.attach(fileDescriptor);
    if (! ofs)
    {
        closeIt();
        ofs.attach(fileDescriptor);
        if (! ofs)
            return(FAIL);
    }
    return(SUCCESS);
}

Here one file is opened and then the ofs variable is attached to that file descriptor.
Unlike HP-UX compiler, gcc doesn't have the attach() function. So how I can make the code compatible? I tried to solve the problem in various ways like how it is described here - Gerhard Wesp - Re: Attaching cout || cerr to an ostream or here - [c++] How to create a std:Smiliefstream to a temp file? - Stack Overflow. But nothing is helping this particular issue since fd is a filedescriptor and not a filebuf. Can you please help me out?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX to linux porting

Hi all, i wanted to port some HP-UX code to linux. can anybody point to some documents or resources that would help me in doing the porting.. thanks in advance Arun Prakash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunprakash
0 Replies

2. Programming

Porting From Linux To Hpux

Gents, i'm a senior applications developer and need to port a Linux server application ( no additional / special libraries or unique header files ) to a HPUX enviroment. Any chance to compile it on the Linux using flags to create an HPUX binary with gcc? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anak0nda
8 Replies

3. Linux

when porting from HP-UX to Linux

helo, i m porting HP-UX socket application to Linux SSL-socket application. I have use htonl() in HP-UX. so when i use it in Linux, data transf is not done and application become soem time crashed. now when i remove htonl() in linux, then i got data but it will not proper order or some data may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. Linux

Porting DHCP from Linux to VxWorks

Hello All, I have a code of DHCP which is implemented on Linux. During porting this code from Linux to VxWorks, I come up with following errors:- jects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c C:\projects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c: In function `read_interface': C:\projects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c:79:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny Shivam
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Porting DHCP from Linux to VxWorks

DHCP Porting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Shivam
2 Replies

6. Programming

Nucleus to Linux porting

I am new to Linux programming and my work involves changing an abstraction layer which made Nucleus calls, to Linux calls. In Case of Events Nucleus has calls like NU_Set_Events() NU_Retrieve_Events() Can I use the POSIX thread conditional variables for Linux? Can I use the System V calls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taklubaba
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Porting OSE to Linux

Hi, I was trying to port efs_mount(OSE system call) to a LInux.The efs_mount function is used to mount a volume on the indicated device dev.Upon successful completion of this OSE sytem call a volume manager (VM) will be available through which files on this volume are accessed. The Syntax for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshantraj30
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Porting a Linux Driver to Solaris

Hi all, Has anyone experience with proting a Linux driver (C-code) to Solaris 10? I have a Sunix SATA card with a inicio1622 chipset, but no driver available. From the website of inicio I downloaded the drivercode for Linux 2.4. Having done some investigation I found a Solaris driver... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting from Solaris to Linux

Can any one please help the use of "cu command in Solaris" and as well as in Linux :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

10. Programming

attach is not a member of ofstream

Hi, Code written in C++ got compiled successfully using Sun 4.2 Compiler on Solaris 6. As part of migration, i am using same code and trying to compile using Sun 5.8 C++ compiler(Sun Studio11) on Solaris 10 and could not compile the below line, outStr.attach(1); // here outStr is declared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)