Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract selective block from XML file Post 302485035 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 03:20:21 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Try /<INPUT.*NAME ="FACT_TABLE"/ instead of /NAME ="FACT_TABLE"/
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract text from xml file

I have some xml files that got created by exporting a website from RedDot. I would like to extract the cost, course number, description, and meeting information. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="yes" ?> - <PAG PAG0="3AE6FCFD86D34896A82FCA3B7B76FF90" PAG3="525312"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a number within an xml file

Hi Everyone, I have an sh script that I am working on and I have run into a little snag that I am hoping someone here can assist me with. I am using wget to retrieve an xml file from thetvdb.com. This part works ok but what I need to be able to do is extract the series ID # from the xml and put... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract details from XML file

Hi , I have one xml file contains more than 60 lines. I need to extract some details from the file and store it in new file.Not the whole file Please find the xml file below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DeploymentDescriptors xmlns="http://www.tibco.com/xmlns/dd"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get extract text from xml file

Hi Collegue, i have a file say a.xml. it has contents <bpelFault><faultType>1</faultType><genericSystemFault xmlns=""><part name="payload"><v2:Fault... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Element from XML file

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a value from an xml file

I have this XML file format and all in one line: Fri Dec 23 00:14:52 2016 Logged Message:689|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><PORT_RESPONSE><HEADER><ORIGINATOR>XMG</ORIGINATOR><DESTINAT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract XML block when value is matched (Shell script)

Hi everyone, So i'm struggling with an xml (log file) where we get information about some devices, so the logfile is filled with multiple "blocks" like that. Based on the <devId> i want to extract this part of the xml file. If possible I want it to have an script for this, cause we'll use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouky
5 Replies
PKGBSDF(1)						      General Commands Manual							PKGBSDF(1)

NAME
pkgBSDF - package BSDFs provided as XML for Radiance SYNOPSIS
pkgBSDF [ -i ][ -s ] bsdf.xml .. DESCRIPTION
PkgBSDF takes one or more XML files, each describing the bidirectional scattering distribution function of a surface or geometric system, and packages them into RADIANCE scene descriptions. If the input file(s) do not begin with a '.' or '/', the directories in the RAYPATH environment variable will be searched. One rectangle is produced for each BSDF that has no detail geometry and/or no rear-side reflectance distribution. If both front and back reflectance distributions are present with detail geometry, then two rectangles will be used to sand- wich the geometry extracted from the BSDF file. The front surface will always be centered just in front of the origin facing the positive Z-direction, with "up" in the positive Y-direction. The back surface, if present, will parallel the front surface at a distance slightly greater than the BSDF system thickness. Scene units will always be in meters. The -i option causes pkgBSDF to produce frozen octree instances for any detail geometry, which may reduce memory requirements in scenes with many references to the same complex BSDF object. Normally, pkgBSDF produces one RADIANCE scene file for each XML input, replacing the required '.xml' suffix with '.rad' in the same direc- tory. The -s option sends the RADIANCE scene description to the standard output rather than writing it to a file, but only works for a single XML input. Any instance octree is still written out to a file generated by replacing the '.xml' suffix with '.oct' in the same directory. EXAMPLE
Package all the XML files in the current directory as Radiance scene files, employing frozen octree instances for any detail geometry: pkgBSDF -i *.xml AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
genBSDF(1), oconv(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
6/23/2011 PKGBSDF(1)