Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Needs help in launching a console application with the help of daemon process Post 302485019 by citaylor on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 02:32:55 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Perhaps you could try using "strace", eg:
Code:
plink -ssh -pw <password> <machine IP>:/ "path"; strace -s 8192 -v -f -o /tmp/trace.log ./daemon

strace should give you an idea of what may be going wrong (logged into /tmp/trace.log)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Daemon process

Hi, I have to write a daemon process, which performs certain operations in the background. Now since it performs operations in the background, it should not display anything to the standard output. The problem is that it still displays, text on standard output. Can anyone tell me (it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_chordia
2 Replies

2. Programming

What is a daemon process?

This is gonna seem really silly to almost evryone here - but I need to know : what is a daemon process? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
6 Replies

3. Linux

daemon process

how i will write the daemon process,if any body have sample daemon process send me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_rupineni
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem launching process as BG with &

After i launch the process as back ground, when I try to grab the shell by sending the enter, process is going to Stopped state. How do I successfully run the job in bg with &. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies

5. Programming

Show progress in console application

Hi all I have a program in C++ that I compiled on Ubuntu 9.0 and Centos 5, after I got it running on Windows. In this program, I show progress of a process using the following construct: i = 0; quantum = floor(total_iterations, 100); perc = 0; do { remain = fmod(i, quantum); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msaqib
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Launching a process in remote machine

Hi all, Normally to launch a process in the remote machine I will use ssh to the machine and launch the process.I want to launch the remote machine process with out login into the machine . Is there any way. It may be any workaround method. Thanks in advance .:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
3 Replies

7. Programming

Daemon process

I wish to make a process run in the background, but only one instance of it, and not many, so when the program is loaded, it has to check whether another instance of the same program is running and if so to exit. How do I do this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
4 Replies
JavaServiceWrapper(1)					      General Commands Manual					     JavaServiceWrapper(1)

NAME
wrapper - Jar daemon wrapper USAGE
wrapper <command> <configuration file> [configuration properties] [...] wrapper <configuration file> [configuration properties] [...] (<command> implicitly '-c') wrapper <command> (<configuration file> implicitly 'wrapper.conf') wrapper (<command> implicitly '-c' and <configuration file> 'wrapper.conf') where <command> can be one of: -c --console run as a Console application -v --version print the wrapper's version information. -? --help print this help message -- <args> mark the end of Wrapper arguments. All arguments after the '--' will be passed through unmodified to the java application. <configuration file> is the wrapper.conf to use. Name must be absolute or relative to the location of wrapper [configuration properties] are configuration name-value pairs which override values in wrapper.conf. For example: wrapper.debug=true Please note that any file references must be absolute or relative to the location of the Wrapper executable. JAVA WRAPPER SERVICE DESCRIPTION
The Java Service Wrapper makes very easy to install a Java Application as a daemon process on Unix systems. The Wrapper monitors a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) process and automatically restarts it if it that the JVM has crashed or hung. This process takes just a few seconds once the Wrapper has decided there is a problem. It also gives the ability to handle process priority. AUTHOR
Java Service Wrapper Community Edition 32-bit 3.5.3 Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. http://wrap- per.tanukisoftware.com This manual page was written by Remi Debay <debay.remi@gmail.com>. 10/08/2010 JavaServiceWrapper(1)