Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix System Programming Book
Top Forums Programming Unix System Programming Book Post 302484961 by fpmurphy on Monday 3rd of January 2011 08:57:11 PM
Old 01-03-2011
For IPC, I would recommend "Interprocess Communications in UNIX, the Nooks and Grannies" by John Shapley Gray (ISBN 0-13-899592-3)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. Programming

unix system programming

hey there i have to execute commands that are written on the command line in unix. i have already separated the commands into tokens but now im stuck with the problem of how to actually execute those commands. eg: lets say the user entered " ls -l" to list all the files in a directory ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any recommended book on Unix & Shell Programming

Any recommended book on Unix & Shell Programming (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
7 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Programming Book Comparison

Hi, I am starting out to program on Unix, having had experience in C and C++ in DOS. I would like to know, of these three, which is the best book for learning C programming in Unix: Advanced Unix Programming by Marc Rochkind Advanced Unix Programming by Warren Gay Advanced Programming in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theicarusagenda
6 Replies

5. Programming

System programming book

please tell me the best book for Unix's System programming..... so that i become expert in System programming.I have completed shell programming and i know C programming in Unix. please tell me which book i should prefer... -ajit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajit_gupta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell me some good unix project in system level programming...

this is very urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stalin2020
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Programming

What is Unix System Programming???

Hi friends, Hope u r doing well. I really find the phrase, "Unix System Programming" very very cool, I don't know the reason, but it since I love UNIX, I want to do system programming in unix. Could you please tell me what is really the meaning of unix system programming. I have a couple of books... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System programming with Unix

Hi All I want to learn System programming with the help of Unix. System Programming mean to say 1) Playing with the memory of computer 2) Designing some graphical units Hope you understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX System Programming Certification Program

Hi, I was working in an IT firm. My stream was UNIX, C, C++. worked for an year and half and then left the job. there has been a gap of 2 years already and wanna get back again. i have some 6 more months to that. want to do some certification to help me get back. c,c++ are fine. unix system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niaR
1 Replies
Business::ISBN::Data(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Business::ISBN::Data(3)

NAME
Business::ISBN::Data - data pack for Business::ISBN SYNOPSIS
see Business::ISBN DESCRIPTION
You don't need to load this module yourself in most cases. "Business::ISBN" will load it when it loads. These data are generated from the RangeMessage.xml file provided by the ISBN Agency. You can retrieve this yourself at <http://www.isbn-international.org/agency?rmxml=1>. This file is included as part of the distribution and should be installed at ~lib/Business/ISBN/RangeMessage.xml. If you want to use a different RangeMessage.xml file, you can set the "ISBN_RANGE_MESSAGE" environment variable to the alternate location before you load "Business::ISBN". This way, you can use the latest (or even earlier) data without having to install something new or wait for an update to this module. If the default RangeMessage.xml or your alternate one is not available, the module falls back to data included in Data.pm. However, that data is likely to be older data. The data are in %Business::ISBN::country_data (although the "country" part is historical). If you want to see where the data are from, check $Business::ISBN::country_data{_source}. SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This module lives in the Github repository with Business::ISBN: git://github.com/briandfoy/business--isbn.git If you have something to add, create a fork on Github and send a pull request. AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" Yakov Shafranovich updated the data in October 2008. Daniel Jakubik updated the data in July 2012. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2002-2012, brian d foy, All Rights Reserved. You may redistribute this under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2012-07-26 Business::ISBN::Data(3)