Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scheduling Cron Jobs on Business Days Post 302484894 by Pramodini Rode on Monday 3rd of January 2011 02:47:28 PM
Old 01-03-2011
@purdym , I currently have this for not running the jobs on holidays and I plan to have a similar structure for business days as well.
Before the script below runs, I have a job that checks our Corporate Holidays calendar and creates a control file using holiday_ctrl.ctrl using SAS.

Thanks.

Pramodini

#!/usr/bin/ksh
#Pramodini Rode 12-22-2009 Initial Release
. ~/.profile

CTRL_FL_HOL=team/ctrl/holiday_ctrl.ctrl

if [[ -e $CTRL_FL_HOL ]]
then
print "Pramodini today is a holiday"
print "Exiting Program"
exit
else
print "Pramodini today is a working day"
print "Execute Program"
fi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling tasks with cron

hello there, i'm learning about task scheduling with cron and all seems hyper exciting, yeppie. But there is a prob: assume i have a script that needed to be executed at 7am everyday. I could do: vi mycron 00 7 * * * echo hi mother, i wanna be a script daddy. :wq crontab mycron how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

cron scheduling?

Hi all, i want a job to run first monday of every of month. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduling bi-weekly through cron

Is there a way in AIX to schedule a script to run bi-weekly through cron? I have a script that needs to run every other Wednesday, and this is what I thought I had to enter in the crontab file: 00 08 * * 3/2 /home/user/user.script It didn't like that. It reports a syntax error. I'm almost... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LPT
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling a command to run every 3 days through cron

Hello, I have to schedule a command to run on every 3 days. Whether the below cron entry will work? 0 3 */3 * * command Please help me out and thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job Scheduling

Hi All, I have a script which is scheduled in the Cron. It runs every 10th and 40th min of an hour.The job has to run every 30min. But, I do not want to have the 00:10 MST run every day.Is it possible to exclude that run from the schedule?Or any other way through which i can run my job every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cron entry for every 10 mints on business day business hour

Could you “crontab” it to run every 10 minutes on work days (Mo - Fr) between 08:00 and 18:00 i know to run every 10 mints but can any one guide me how to achieve the above one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scheduling cron job

Hi Everybody, I want to run a script at every 5 seconds. I know how to run it every 5 minutes, is there any possibility to run a script at 5 seconds interval. Regards, Mastan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

FX software, business inteligence and analyst jobs

Hi everyone, recently I've been offered a selection procedure for new Barclays development center in Prague. Job role should be something like: Barclays FX Application Management Support Analyst Job in Prague | Glassdoor Could anyone throw me some light into what skill levels are needed, what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoofy
3 Replies
ACTDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							ACTDIAG(1)

NAME
actdiag - generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
actdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the actdiag commands. actdiag is a program that generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -s, ----separate Separate diagram images for each group (SVG only) -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/actdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
actdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 5, 2011 ACTDIAG(1)