Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect status of db2 in Unix shell script Post 302484890 by mKarri on Monday 3rd of January 2011 02:39:57 PM
Old 01-03-2011
I was able to validate like this
Code:
#Validate login credentials
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
 echo""
 echo "Please enter valid username/password"
 exit 0
fi

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-04-2011 at 04:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to Db2 thru Unix

I need to connect to DB2 through Unix and check whether the database is up or not. We are planning to use Neon shadow direct to connect to the same. I would like to know how to pass parameters to neon shadow direct. Any guidance/help in this regard would be helpful. My unix box is AIX 1. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@tcs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 table using shell script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. Thanks, Durwas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
0 Replies

4. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to DB2 table using Shell scripts

Can anyone please help me with an unix shell script to connect a DB2 database. My requirement is just to display the no of records present in a table of a DB2 database through Unix Shell script. Thx - Ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlyraja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Korn Shell script on Solaris to DB2 UDB LUW database

I am rather new to korn shell scripting and attempting to write a Unix script that would detach, attach a range partition table in DB2 UDB LUW database. This would be a job scheduled in control M that reads in an input file with 5 parameters passed to it from the application. I don't have much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjhanso
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to DB2 using UNIX

I am new to Putty, Unix and DB2 and this is what I am working on right now. I installed Putty I got access to username / pwd I got Unix usrname/Pwd.also got the home directory once I login into putty I get the screen and it shows $ sign From here how do I connect to DB2 database? I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

[Solved] How to connect DB2 from UNIX shell script?

Hi all, I have a requirement to connect DB2 database and do some operations and generate a report through shell script. Can anyone please tell me how can i connect DB2 from unix shell script? Thanks in ADV. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX with DB2 error status Issue

I have a shell script main.ksh We are calling dbscript.ksh from main.ksh I am using select statement in dbscript.ksh but there is a problem with the select statement in dbscript.ksh but still echo $? is showing as zero. I am using DB2 commands in dbscript.ksh Main.ksh dbscript.ksh echo $? ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
13 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)