Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding date to the subject using mailx Post 302484856 by sithara on Monday 3rd of January 2011 12:40:33 PM
Old 01-03-2011
Adding date to the subject using mailx

Hi ,

I want to add date to the subject of the email. I am using mail and used

Code:
-s "SQL Loader was not able to load enid on `date`  due to data error"

But it didnt work. can any one help me ??

Thanks
Sithara

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx in cron using variable date

I am using a popular HOSTUMP script that dumps successfully to a log file named servername_a_`date +%m%d%y`.log I then want to kick off a second cron job that will email me that log. I am assuming it has to be something like 00 07 * * 2 mailx -s 'SERVERNAME Tape A Weekly Backup Log'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seaquin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing/including command in mailx subject line

Hi, Is it possible for me to include the results from a command in the subject line? What I am looking to do is get the file count and include it into the subject line as well as the list of files in the body. Example Subject line: Currently 25 files in directory My Code: #!/bin/ksh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozifer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the subject from a script which uses mailx

Hi, I need to extract the subject of an e-mail sent using mailx. mailx is in a a file and the command reads like the following Ex: sendMail.sh mailx -s ' This is the subject' $recepiant note that anything can come within ' ' which goes to the subject. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding hostname and date in subject of the mail

Hi Team, I coded my code to send mail to some reciepents with subject and date. Can somebody suggest me how to add host name to subject ? and the below code is correct for date ? my aim is to send mail with "subject in < hostname> on <date>".When i execute this script on my server its hung... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to system date then compare to a date

Hi! I am trying to read a file and every line has a specific date as one of its fields. I want to take that date and compare it to the date today plus 6 days. while read line do date=substr($line, $datepos, 8) #date is expected to be YYYYMMDD if ; then ...proceed commands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx - Adding timestamp in CSV file

Hi allI am mailing csv file to our lotusnote server using shell script. I am using command to get require date/time :date +"%d%b%y-%X%p"File name is :TESTFILE-29Jan14-09:00:00AM.csv.When I am receving this on lotusnote server coming as "00AM.csv" rest of the string is getting truncated. I feel due... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Pager notification to mailx command.

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? :confused: Or by any other mean. ---------- Post updated at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:08 AM ---------- Hi just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of attachment is displaying along with subject in mailx

Hi All, I want to send the csv to an email address. I have tried the below two approaches. Approach1: Got error -ksh: uuencode: not found $ uuencode test_file.csv test_file.csv | mailx -s "Attaching test" msdc.kiran@gmail.com </usr/home/test_file.csv -ksh: uuencode: not found Approach2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable not displaying in subject line of mailx email

Hi Newbie here with first post. I've got a shell script (ksh) whereby I run a SQL*Plus script and output the results to a file. I then check the output file in an if statement that looks like this: if ]; then export GAPNUM=`awk '{print $4}' $OUTFILE` if ] then mailx -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltzwoman
10 Replies
mailfrom(1)						      General Commands Manual						       mailfrom(1)

NAME
mailfrom - summarize mail folders by subject and sender SYNOPSIS
status] [folder|username]... DESCRIPTION
The command reads one or more mail folders and outputs one line per message in the form: from [subject] where from is the name of the person the message is from, and subject is the subject of the message, if present. If determines that the message is from you, the from portion will read where user is the user the message was sent to. This happens when you receive a copy of a letter you sent. The default folder is your incoming mailbox, See the Operands subsection below. Options recognizes the following options: Print a brief help message summarizing the options. Number the messages using the same numbering scheme used by Very quiet mode. Only error messages are produced. This option is useful in shell scripts, where only the success or failure of the program is important, and output is not desired. Quiet mode. Output only a one-line summary for each mailbox or folder. Add a summary of the number of messages by message status in each mailbox or folder. To get the summary only, use this with the option. The summary has the form: If an item count, n, r, or u is zero, the line is omitted. Only display headers from messages with the given status. status can be one of or and are equivalent. The option can be repeated to print header information from more than one category, for example, only new and unread messages. The values can be abbreviated to their first letters. The default is all messages. Tidy mode. If the from field is long enough to displace the subject field from its normal start column, move the subject down onto the next line. Verbose mode. Print a descriptive header before listing the contents of each mailbox or folder. Operands recognizes the following optional operands: folder|username A file name or the name of a mail user on your system. You can use the format to specify a folder in your mail directory, defined by the string variable in your configuration file. searches for the value as a file name relative to your current directory. Then, if the file name is not an absolute path, it searches for the value relative to the incoming mailbox directory, The first file found is selected. You must have read access to the file. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Messages matching status are present. No messages matching status are present, but there are some messages. There are no messages at all. An error occurred. If multiple mailboxes or folders are specified, the exit status only applies to the last one examined. This can be used in scripts to determine what kind of mail a user has. EXAMPLES
Display header information from all the messages in your mailbox. Display header information from all new messages in your mailbox. Assuming you have the proper file permissions to read mail, print out header information from all new and unread messages in incoming mail- box. Print only a summary of how many new, unread, and read messages are in your incoming mailbox. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Your configuration file. Directory of incoming mailboxes. SEE ALSO
elm(1), mail(1), mailx(1), readmail(1). mailfrom(1)