Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help using SYSTEM function in NAWK Post 302484852 by aschera on Monday 3rd of January 2011 12:21:57 PM
Old 01-03-2011
That worked. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system() function call...

Hi, Though I should check this myself.. but I don't have a cc compiler at this time.. :( When I compile a c program containing say system(myshell.sh).. do the executable require that the actual script myshell.sh to be present whenever it executes? I guess it needs.. otherwise I can just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk user-defined function

HELP!!!! I am in an on-line shell programming class and have a question. Here is the data: Mike Harrington:(510) 548-1278:250:100:175 Christian Dobbins:(408) 538-2358:155:90:201 Susan Dalsass:(206) 654-6279:250:60:50 (There are 12 contribuors total) This database contains names, phone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewbieGirl
1 Replies

3. Programming

system function in c

Hai Friends I have used the function system() to execute a command. My requirement is that i have to list the files in a directory applying some wildcard paterns. For example if i want to list *.c files i go with the function system("ls *.c"); and the output gets printed on the monitor.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System() function in <stdlib.h>

Hi, guys ,, I want to know the implementation of System() function in C Unix, and its prototype definition: int system(const char * string) in the header file <stdlib.h> ??! please help me ! because that is part of my project !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: someone33
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Time Function

Hi All, I am using solaris and nawk. Is there any time function in nawk which is simliar to the shell `date` function ? Can any experts show any examples? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK getline function

Hi, I am using a Solaris OS here. My intention is to print the 2nd field if the first field matches "APPLE=". I am using the "getline" function here (shown below), but it doesn;t work. Can any experts give me some advice? Input: ORANGE= 10 APPLE= 20 MANGO= 30 GRAPES= 40 Output: 20 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use ${?} and system() function???

Hi All, I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode' commands for the same and those worked fine. Please find below the same. X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode test.xls test.xls ) | mailx -s 'testing'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK - looping with match() function

i'm trying to use the "before" output from the match() function as part of the results of each Regex match... but... My input data: (from an input file) i only show the first record in my file.. all other records are similar. mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh:cat $AI_SQL/wkly_inqry.sql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using system function in C

Hi Guys , I want to use system function in C to do the following work. cp <file1> <file2> and then ><file1> e,g cp \var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.1 \var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.2 and then >\var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.1 1. g_config_info.cpmm_config.cpm_log_path=\var\log\ 2. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet123321
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies
AMLINT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 AMLINT(1)

NAME
amlint -- check Automator actions for problems SYNOPSIS
amlint [-HhSs] [-d definition-bundle] [-x exception-file] action ... DESCRIPTION
amlint checks the given Automator actions for various problems and interface inconsistencies. action is the path of a built action bundle. The options are as follows: -H Print the filename for each error or warning. -h Suppress the prefixing of filenames when multiple actions are checked. -S For each action, write a summary line indicating how many errors and warnings there were. -s As -S, but skips the summary line for actions with no errors or warnings. -d definition-bundle Specify a definition bundle, which specifies custom action input and output types. This option may be repeated if you need to specify more than one bundle. -x exception-file Specify a list of errors and warnings to ignore. The file should be plain text, with one line per error: the action filename, a colon, space, and the text of the error. For example: My Action.action: error: NSButton "OK" should not use the metal style. You can simply copy an output line from amlint -H. RETURN VALUES
amlint exits with one of the following values: 0 no serious errors were found. 1 an error was found in one of the checked actions. >1 an internal error occurred. BUGS
Because of a bug in nibtool(1), amlint will fail to work on some nibs. You will see errors about the ``old-style plist parser'' if this hap- pens. Mac OS X December 9, 2005 Mac OS X