Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to identify logged in kernel and to change it too Post 302484810 by anneparker on Monday 3rd of January 2011 10:01:39 AM
Old 01-03-2011
Lead Answer

Hi, i am beginners in the unix and trying to install the kernal but always said that kernal debugger is out of date. but this is like a new installation file ..Then what should i do.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

unable to change kernel params?

i have hp-ux 11i on a rp2470 machine. i'd like to change some kernel params with SAM. i change the params, process new kernel and reboot the system. after reboot i found that params does not change. i have done the same things many times but i still have the pb. plz what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nabil_boussetta
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

know who logged and logged out with their timings

being ordinary user (not having any administrative rights) can avail myself a facility to know who logged and logged out with their timings get popped onto my terminal as if it get echo 'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Change 32 bit to 64 bit Kernel

Hi, I'm using HPUX 11.11 on Vizualize B180L our productive machines have 64 bit kernel # file vmunix vmunix: ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) I got one test system, which should have the same HW (i was told it is the same HW) hpuxtest:/stand-->file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE

Hi, How can I change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE??:confused::confused: Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to identify logged users & commands executed

Hi All, I am trying to write a script to get the user information & the command executed. I tried something like this : w | sort | awk '{print$5$6$7}' My requirement is to identify the users who execute the same command at same time. I need the user name & the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayarajvp
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Slackware

/boot: how do I change the current kernel?

Slackware 14.0 Hi: I once changed the smp kernel running in my system by another one in /boot. What I did was to relink /boot/System.map, /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/config. But I don't remember if I did something else. Would that alone be OK. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
4 Replies

9. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)