Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Installing CentOS 5.5 on Virtual Box Post 302484791 by motoko on Monday 3rd of January 2011 09:06:05 AM
Old 01-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
With Virtual Box I've always added a host only virtual network card in order to reach the guest from the host:

Code:
File -> Preferences -> Network -> Add Host Only Network.

Then configure your guest to use it (through the settings menu).

I'm sure I'm missing something, but this one always worked.
I will try and post, thx.

---------- Post updated at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:39 AM ----------

I have done as you told me and now the vm centos machine, takes some minutes 'Determinig IP information for eth0' and ends up with an error...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

CentOS, Fedora & RedHat in 1 box

Hi Linux gurus, My boss had asked me to setup a box consisting of this 3 OS (CentOS, Fedora, RedHat) for autopatching. So, whenever there is new patches for CentOS from the internet, this box will grab it, implement it, if tested ok and approved, the patches will then be push to Production... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
23 Replies

2. Solaris

virtual box images

Does anyone know if you can use a virtual box image on different O/S's and be able to move it from one server to another of different O/S if needed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Virtual Box

I am trying to create a new virtual machine (Red Hat) but I am getting the following error I am completely new to VB and I am probably missing something. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

deleted a virtual machine with critical data under CentOS

Hi all, I'm in a pretty messed-up situation, hope you can give me a hand. I deleted by accident a folder containing a VMware server virtual machine, that contains most critical information. The host OS is CentOS 5.5, which I believe by default uses Ext3. I shut down the PC intermediately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starriol
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Virtual box

hi Am Using Windows vista machine where i installed Sun Virtual Box on Which i installled Solaris 10.. am not able to ping my windows machine from Sun OS neither viceversa.. Can someone help me out to get this sorted please .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Resizing root virtual disk on the CentOS

Hello, Can someone suggest me what I missing, I re-sized a root virtual disk to 30GB on the CentOS VM. After re-sizing the disk, I booted the OS and ran fdisk -list command I was able view the size of the disk as 30GB. Paritions in the vm before I resize are: /boot - Primary parition /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

ssh on virtual box (4.0.4)

Hello, I have two virtual machines ubuntu on virtual box vm1 and vm2 , i'd like to use ssh to connect from vm1 to vm2, please what's the configuration should do? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hack a centos Linux box

HI, I have a Centos linux box and there is interface connect to internet. I stop the iptables in this box . After a few day , I find the linux box have been hacked and install some perl script into the box . Could anyone tell me how the hacker can login into the centos box without knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies
BHYVELOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BHYVELOAD(8)

NAME
bhyveload -- load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve virtual machine SYNOPSIS
bhyveload [-c cons-dev] [-d disk-path] [-e name=value] [-h host-path] [-m mem-size] vmname DESCRIPTION
bhyveload is used to load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve(4) virtual machine. bhyveload is based on loader(8) and will present an interface identical to the FreeBSD loader on the user's terminal. The virtual machine is identified as vmname and will be created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c cons-dev cons-dev is a tty(4) device to use for bhyveload terminal I/O. The text string "stdio" is also accepted and selects the use of unbuffered standard I/O. This is the default value. -d disk-path The disk-path is the pathname of the guest's boot disk image. -e name=value Set the FreeBSD loader environment variable name to value. The option may be used more than once to set more than one environment variable. -h host-path The host-path is the directory at the top of the guest's boot filesystem. -m mem-size [K|k|M|m|G|g|T|t] mem-size is the amount of memory allocated to the guest. The mem-size argument may be suffixed with one of K, M, G or T (either upper or lower case) to indicate a multiple of Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes respectively. The default value of mem-size is 256M. EXAMPLES
To create a virtual machine named freebsd-vm that boots off the ISO image /freebsd/release.iso and has 1GB memory allocated to it: bhyveload -m 1G -d /freebsd/release.iso freebsd-vm To create a virtual machine named test-vm with 256MB of memory allocated, the guest root filesystem under the host directory /user/images/test and terminal I/O sent to the nmdm(4) device /dev/nmdm1B bhyveload -m 256MB -h /usr/images/test -c /dev/nmdm1B test-vm SEE ALSO
bhyve(4), nmdm(4), vmm(4), bhyve(8), loader(8) HISTORY
bhyveload first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0, and was developed at NetApp Inc. AUTHORS
bhyveload was developed by Neel Natu <neel@FreeBSD.org> at NetApp Inc with a lot of help from Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
bhyveload can only load FreeBSD as a guest. BSD
January 7, 2012 BSD