Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: converting rows into columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting rows into columns Post 302484684 by svajhala on Sunday 2nd of January 2011 06:40:47 PM
Old 01-02-2011
converting rows into columns

Hi,

I am trying to fetch some values from db and spooling the output to a file.

when i query the db for the values, i get the values in following format.

Code:
PC_1 wf_test1 Test
PC_2 wf_test2 Test
PC_3 wf_test3 Test

But my spool file was created in following format.

Code:
PC_1
wf_test1
Test

PC_2 
wf_test2
Test

PC_3
wf_test3
Test

Now i want to convert the format back to my db format in my spool file. Please let me know how to do it?

-Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to converting rows to columns, bash

I have in file these words: @fraza1 = rw @fraza2 = r @fraza3 = r @fraza4 = r @fraza5 = r @fraza1 = r @fraza6 = r @fraza7 = r @fraza2 = r @fraza8 = r @fraza9 = r ... I would like so that: ,rw,@fraza1 ,r,@fraza2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting rows into multiple-rows

Hi every one; I have a file with 22 rows and 13 columns which includes floating numbers. I want to parse the file so that every five columns in the row would be a new record (row). For example, the first line in the old file should be converted into three lines with first two lines contain 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PHL
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting columns into rows

Is there anyway to convert columns into raws using awk? (or any other command line):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Columns To Rows Sort Of

Hi I'm a UNIX awk and sed novice at best. I'm trying to creat a .csv file so it can be graphed in Excel. Tried various xargs, awk, sed and paste but just can't seem to get the data to line up. Not sure if this is beyond for a question in these forums. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt output to rows and columns and send report via mail.

Hi All, I would like to send below output in a tabular column ( xml or excel ) and send a mail. vinay unix anil sql vamsee java request to suggest a solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows into columns

hi all I need a help ..I have a script that takes has command and its output is like below.. a b a v v a c I am assigning the above outputs to a variable .. <variable name> = <command output> problem here is when I echo the variable ..it gives me output like " a b... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarb
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting columns of text to rows, with blank lines

I've spent the past hour trying different things and googling for this solution and cannot find the answer. Found variations of this, but not this exact thing. I have the following text, which is the output from our mainframe. Each field is on a separate line, with a blank line between each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
7 Replies
Test::Moose(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Test::Moose(3)

NAME
Test::Moose - Test functions for Moose specific features VERSION
version 2.1202 SYNOPSIS
use Test::More plan => 1; use Test::Moose; meta_ok($class_or_obj, "... Foo has a ->meta"); does_ok($class_or_obj, $role, "... Foo does the Baz role"); has_attribute_ok($class_or_obj, $attr_name, "... Foo has the 'bar' attribute"); DESCRIPTION
This module provides some useful test functions for Moose based classes. It is an experimental first release, so comments and suggestions are very welcome. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
meta_ok ($class_or_object) Tests if a class or object has a metaclass. does_ok ($class_or_object, $role, ?$message) Tests if a class or object does a certain role, similar to what "isa_ok" does for the "isa" method. has_attribute_ok($class_or_object, $attr_name, ?$message) Tests if a class or object has a certain attribute, similar to what "can_ok" does for the methods. with_immutable { CODE } @class_names Runs CODE (which should contain normal tests) twice, and make each class in @class_names immutable in between the two runs. The CODE block is called with a single boolean argument indicating whether or not the classes have been made immutable yet. TODO
Convert the Moose test suite to use this module. Here is a list of possible functions to write immutability predicates anon-class predicates discovering original method from modified method attribute metaclass predicates (attribute_isa?) SEE ALSO
Test::More BUGS
See "BUGS" in Moose for details on reporting bugs. AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Test::Moose(3)