Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install cobol compiler
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install cobol compiler Post 302484470 by unx_freak on Friday 31st of December 2010 09:15:14 AM
Old 12-31-2010
Install cobol compiler

Hi

I dont have a cobol compiler in my redhhat linux box, and so I want to install it. When i try the below command

Code:
sudo apt-get install open-cobol

it tells "apt-get : command not found". I tried to find apt-get under my root, could not find it anywhere.

Should we install apt-get also? If so, how?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Need Help Finding C Compiler on install CDs

I have to install C compiler on Redhat 9. I was told that its on the install CDs however, I cannot find it. Would appreciate any help on this issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

3. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install C compiler without make

Hi all, I dont have much knowledge about linux, but want to learn. I have installed Plop linux(PLoP - Home) on USB Flashdrive. I want to install gcc compiler to it. The installation of C compiler ask for make command, which is not found in the distribution. When I tried to install gnu make,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsmithgr8
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cobol help....compiler key and its usage....

i am having mfcobol old version... which was supplied by my friends....with a compiler key (h/w) having 24 pin male on one side and 24 pin female on the other side....with lable LOPOEK XXXXXXXXXX MICRO FOCUS........ AM USING NORMAL COMMANDS USING .CBL, .OBJ, .LIB FILES TO GET COBOL EXE FILE....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
0 Replies

8. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

9. Programming

cobol compiler for suse

hi could you please suggest me any cobol compiler for suse linux. any help would me much appreciated .. -- thanks rakesh kumar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How should I install 'make' compiler ?

I need too install GDB in order to debug a program. I need to install GDB through the UNIX command 'make install'. I downloaded a full directory of hundreds of files allowing to get a gdb executable but need a compilation before ... The problem is UNIX can't find 'make' command. I work under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
5 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)