Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install cobol compiler
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install cobol compiler Post 302484470 by unx_freak on Friday 31st of December 2010 09:15:14 AM
Old 12-31-2010
Install cobol compiler

Hi

I dont have a cobol compiler in my redhhat linux box, and so I want to install it. When i try the below command

Code:
sudo apt-get install open-cobol

it tells "apt-get : command not found". I tried to find apt-get under my root, could not find it anywhere.

Should we install apt-get also? If so, how?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Need Help Finding C Compiler on install CDs

I have to install C compiler on Redhat 9. I was told that its on the install CDs however, I cannot find it. Would appreciate any help on this issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

3. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install C compiler without make

Hi all, I dont have much knowledge about linux, but want to learn. I have installed Plop linux(PLoP - Home) on USB Flashdrive. I want to install gcc compiler to it. The installation of C compiler ask for make command, which is not found in the distribution. When I tried to install gnu make,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsmithgr8
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cobol help....compiler key and its usage....

i am having mfcobol old version... which was supplied by my friends....with a compiler key (h/w) having 24 pin male on one side and 24 pin female on the other side....with lable LOPOEK XXXXXXXXXX MICRO FOCUS........ AM USING NORMAL COMMANDS USING .CBL, .OBJ, .LIB FILES TO GET COBOL EXE FILE....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
0 Replies

8. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

9. Programming

cobol compiler for suse

hi could you please suggest me any cobol compiler for suse linux. any help would me much appreciated .. -- thanks rakesh kumar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How should I install 'make' compiler ?

I need too install GDB in order to debug a program. I need to install GDB through the UNIX command 'make install'. I downloaded a full directory of hundreds of files allowing to get a gdb executable but need a compilation before ... The problem is UNIX can't find 'make' command. I work under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
5 Replies
DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1) 					      Debconf						   DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1)

NAME
debconf-apt-progress - install packages using debconf to display a progress bar SYNOPSIS
debconf-apt-progress [--] command [args ...] debconf-apt-progress --config debconf-apt-progress --start debconf-apt-progress --from waypoint --to waypoint [--] command [args ...] debconf-apt-progress --stop DESCRIPTION
debconf-apt-progress installs packages using debconf to display a progress bar. The given command should be any command-line apt frontend; specifically, it must send progress information to the file descriptor selected by the "APT::Status-Fd" configuration option, and must keep the file descriptors nominated by the "APT::Keep-Fds" configuration option open when invoking debconf (directly or indirectly), as those file descriptors will be used for the debconf passthrough protocol. The arguments to the command you supply should generally include -y (for apt-get or aptitude) or similar to avoid the apt frontend prompting for input. debconf-apt-progress cannot do this itself because the appropriate argument may differ between apt frontends. The --start, --stop, --from, and --to options may be used to create a progress bar with multiple segments for different stages of installation, provided that the caller is a debconf confmodule. The caller may also interact with the progress bar itself using the debconf protocol if it so desires. debconf locks its config database when it starts up, which makes it unfortunately inconvenient to have one instance of debconf displaying the progress bar and another passing through questions from packages being installed. If you're using a multiple-segment progress bar, you'll need to eval the output of the --config option before starting the debconf frontend to work around this. See "EXAMPLES" in the EXAMPLES section below. OPTIONS
--config Print environment variables necessary to start up a progress bar frontend. --start Start up a progress bar, running from 0 to 100 by default. Use --from and --to to use other endpoints. --from waypoint If used with --start, make the progress bar begin at waypoint rather than 0. Otherwise, install packages with their progress bar beginning at this "waypoint". Must be used with --to. --to waypoint If used with --start, make the progress bar end at waypoint rather than 100. Otherwise, install packages with their progress bar ending at this "waypoint". Must be used with --from. --stop Stop a running progress bar. --no-progress Avoid starting, stopping, or stepping the progress bar. Progress messages from apt, media change events, and debconf questions will still be passed through to debconf. --dlwaypoint percentage Specify what percent of the progress bar to use for downloading packages. The remainder will be used for installing packages. The default is to use 15% for downloading and the remaining 85% for installing. --logfile file Send the normal output from apt to the given file. --logstderr Send the normal output from apt to stderr. If you supply neither --logfile nor --logstderr, the normal output from apt will be discarded. -- Terminate options. Since you will normally need to give at least the -y argument to the command being run, you will usually need to use -- to prevent that being interpreted as an option to debconf-apt-progress itself. EXAMPLES
Install the GNOME desktop and an X window system development environment within a progress bar: debconf-apt-progress -- aptitude -y install gnome x-window-system-dev Install the GNOME, KDE, and XFCE desktops within a single progress bar, allocating 45% of the progress bar for each of GNOME and KDE and the remaining 10% for XFCE: #! /bin/sh set -e case $1 in '') eval "$(debconf-apt-progress --config)" "$0" debconf ;; debconf) . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule debconf-apt-progress --start debconf-apt-progress --from 0 --to 45 -- apt-get -y install gnome debconf-apt-progress --from 45 --to 90 -- apt-get -y install kde debconf-apt-progress --from 90 --to 100 -- apt-get -y install xfce4 debconf-apt-progress --stop ;; esac RETURN CODE
The exit code of the specified command is returned, unless the user hit the cancel button on the progress bar. If the cancel button was hit, a value of 30 is returned. To avoid ambiguity, if the command returned 30, a value of 3 will be returned. AUTHORS
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2011-06-22 DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1)