Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubts on SMIT
Operating Systems AIX Doubts on SMIT Post 302484390 by BalajiUthira on Thursday 30th of December 2010 10:22:13 PM
Old 12-30-2010
Thanks all for the response. actually we are in process of a case study on SMIT. upon which we were not able to find some clues about the queries raised. Hence posted it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to invoke SMIT GUI

Hi All I am using AIX 5.1, i have Cygwin-X installed on my Windows XP Pro desktop, I had started the X-Windows Session and logged into the remote AIX server via telnet. When i issue the command smit i only get the command line version of the SMIT, How can i invoke the SMIT GUI version ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswaraj
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smit.script

Can someone tell me what the smit.script file does? I'm having a problem with one of my boxes pointing at the wrong webserver. This is the only place I can find the wrong address, but I'm not sure what the file does so I'm afraid to change it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

smit.script

what is the smit.script file and does it ever need to be cleaned up or deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamRainwater
0 Replies

4. AIX

Location of smit.log

What is the location of smit.log (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
3 Replies

5. AIX

Smit logs

Hi everyone, I'm trying to keep my smit logs in other directory diferent than the user's home. I know with -l and -s you can change this settings but I'm wondering if there is any environment value that I can set. It can be done using alias too ... Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfons
3 Replies

6. AIX

SMIT on Linux

Hi All, I have a Linux system (RHEL 5). I want to install SMIT of AIX on it. Is it possible? if yes, how it can be done? Appreciate any help from you. Amol. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to realize SMIT on linux OS

Hi everybody, I want to know that how to realize the SMIT(The System Management Interface Tool ) of AIX on LINUX OS. would you tell some examples of SMIT or other useful information about it ? Thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: addictlinux
2 Replies

8. AIX

SMIT Default Commands

I was trying to do a search for this but I guess I wasn't using the right terms. I just installed AIX 6.1 on a new P7 server. The OS seemed to be a success, however now, when I go to 'smitty' I can't use the default commands liek F3, F4. Instead I have to type esc+3 or esc+4. Anyone seen this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

9. AIX

adding users via smit

I apologize if this is a simple/stupid question. When I add users in smit as root, many(most) of the fields are automatically popluated with some basic default values. Some other admins here have access to create users via sudo, however when they create users (sudo smit users), the user gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
3 Replies

10. AIX

smit see comand performed ??

i in smit , press F6 , smit fs , Change / Show Characteristics of an Enhanced Journaled File System then F6 to see the comand , how can i see the command performed ?? x() { │ │ LIST= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
5 Replies
TRANSITION-CHECK(1)                                                                                                            TRANSITION-CHECK(1)

NAME
transition-check - check a package list for involvement in transitions SYNOPSIS
transition-check --help|--version transition-check [-f|--filename=FILENAME] [source package list] DESCRIPTION
transition-check checks whether any of the listed source packages are involved in a transition for which uploads to unstable are currently blocked. If neither a filename nor a list of packages is supplied, transition-check will use the source package name from debian/control. OPTIONS
-f, --filename=filename Read a source package name from filename, which should be a Debian package control file or .changes file, and add that package to the list of packages to check. EXIT STATUS
The exit status indicates whether any of the packages examined were found to be involved in a transition. 0 Either --help or --version was used, or none of the packages examined was involved in a transition. 1 At least one package examined is involved in a current transition. LICENSE
This code is copyright by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, all rights reserved. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. AUTHOR
Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 TRANSITION-CHECK(1)