Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to add a colume with serial # in a file Post 302484325 by anurag.singh on Thursday 30th of December 2010 03:02:11 PM
Old 12-30-2010
Code:
awk '{print NR,$0}' inputFile

This User Gave Thanks to anurag.singh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting serial inputs to a file?

i have an external device sending serial messages i want to connect this device to a serial port in my sun blade box and record those messages to a file, how can i read the serial port and write it to file? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilartec
4 Replies

3. SCO

Serial File Transfer

I need to transfer files from a sco/unix system to a windows xp system and they are only connected via a digiboard serial connection. The terminal emulation software connects and runs a program but I need to transfer files. Anyone know a good solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chansen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert one colume file to a one line, wrapped file.

I need to convert a file i.e cat list 1000: 1001: 1002: to cat wrappedfile 1000:1001:1002: currently I am using a while loop, paste and mv command to achieve desired outcome. touch wrappedfile cat list | while read line ;do echo $line > /tmp/$line;paste /tmp/$line wrappedfile >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
7 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

6. SCO

Need some advice concerning file transfer with a serial connection

Hi, I have a SCO Unix ver 5.0.7 from which I need to get some files. The problem is that I'm working remotely (have no physical access) and using Dejawin because this server is only has a serial connection to a Windows machine. Ucopy isn't on the server. What I was thinking is to do a print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartanboy184
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add serial number begining of each line in a text file

Dear All, i am having text file below rama 123 done raju 456 not done keshav 123 done ............... ............ i want to add a serial number to this file, the output should be 1 rama 123 done 2 raju 456 not done 3 keshav 123 done 99 ............... 100 ............ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using AWK over serial port

I have a unix system that only has AWK to program with which hooks up to a windows or linux based system with all progamming and software capabilities. The link between the systems is typically a 9600 baud TTY port on the AWK system and COM1 on the other system. I can cat <filenm> from the unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobfrog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on 2nd colume having double quotes

i want extract where the 2nd column having "3" or "7". Based on the forums tried like this but it is not working awk -F"," '$2=3;$2=7 {print}' filename Source "1","2","3","4" "1","3","3","4" "1","7","3","4" "1","8","3","4" "1","2","3","4" "1","2","3","4" Output : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add serial from second file

Hi all, please consider the following scenario. I have 979 csv files in a folder each with 3 lines, first line col2 has fixed value "a", second line col2 has "b" and third line col2 has "a/b". The first column has random names (no pattern). filename1.csvnamep1,a namep2,b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jianp83
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)