Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing the Ruby File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing the Ruby File Post 302484173 by thillai_selvan on Thursday 30th of December 2010 03:49:17 AM
Old 12-30-2010
I am using vim editor.
FYI I want to achieve through a program.
If it is written in Perl I will be more happy Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in Parsing a CSV file and generate a new output file

Hi Scripting Gurus, I am trying to parse a csv file and generate a new output file. The input file will be a variable length in turns of rows and columns. output file will have 8 columns. we have three columns from the header for each set. just to give little bit more clarification each row... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkr
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file

I am writing some fairly heavy software. As of current solely in bash. It will change the world when I am done. Why do I ask for help? I am thinking a ( as a variable has me stumped. The ones commented I have played with 0 results, $PWD is the current folder we are playing with as per bash. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheeMahn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from a big file using keys from another smaller file

Hi, I have 2 files format of file 1 is: a1 b2 a2 c2 d1 f3 format of file 2 is (tab delimited): a1 1.2 0.5 0.06 0.7 0.9 1 0.023 a3 0.91 0.007 0.12 0.34 0.45 1 0.7 a2 1.05 2.3 0.25 1 0.9 0.3 0.091 b1 1 5.4 0.3 9.2 0.3 0.2 0.1 b2 3 5 7 0.9 1 9 0 1 b3 0.001 1 2.3 4.6 8.9 10 0 1 0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
10 Replies

9. Programming

How to replicate Ruby´s binary file reading with Java?

Hello to all guys, Maybe some expert could help me. I have a working ruby script shown below that reads a big binary file (more than 2GB). The chunks of data I want to analyze is separated by the sequence FF47 withing the binary. So, in the ruby script is defined as "line separator" =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error: /usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Hi, I installed ruby using rvm with root user on Linux. Now i m trying the below command as a non root user with sudo privileges. sudo /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.5/bin/gem install passenger I get the below error: I had even reset the path for both gem as well as ruby as you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
DH-MAKE-RUBY(1) 														   DH-MAKE-RUBY(1)

NAME
dh-make-ruby - build Debian source package from Ruby library USAGE
dh-make-ruby [OPTIONS] TARBALL|DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
dh-make-ruby will create a basic Debian source package from a tarball named TARBALL generated with gem2tgz, or from a DIRECTORY containing Ruby code and metadata in a .gemspec file. OPTIONS
-p PACKAGE, --package PACKAGE Uses PACKAGE as package name. By default, new packages will be named as ruby-$gem, where $gem is the upstream name. If the package is mainly used as a library, then it should use the default. On the other hand, if the packages is mainly used as an application, then you should drop the ruby- prefix by using this option an explicit package u. --ruby-versions VERSIONS Ruby versions to build the package for. This is used to generate the X-Ruby-Versions: field in the source package, that can later be used to tune this value. By default, gem2deb generates a package that works on all known Ruby versions, but it might be necessary to only build the package for Ruby 1.8, for example (using --ruby-versions "ruby1.8"). -h, --help Displays the help -v, --version Displays version information and exits. SEE ALSO
gem2deb(1), dh_ruby(1) COPYRIGHT AND AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 2011, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 2012-03-06 DH-MAKE-RUBY(1)