Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understand PATH
Operating Systems Solaris Understand PATH Post 302484064 by Kjons76 on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 02:45:50 PM
Old 12-29-2010
cool, that seems to work. thanks.

---------- Post updated at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:27 PM ----------

Actually what I was supposed to get was something like this:

Code:
[root@server keyreq]# openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout server.pf.key -out req.pem
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
..++++++
.........++++++
writing new private key to 'server.pf.key'
Enter PEM pass phrase: ENTER A PASSPHRASE
Verifying - Enter PEM pass phrase: ENTER PASSPHRASE AGAIN
-----

I got nothing, it didn't create the files or ask me anything.
I tried it again and received an error:
Code:
openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout server.pf.key -out req.pem
ld.so.1: openssl: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment use code tags!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 12-29-2010 at 05:08 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
dsa(1openssl)							      OpenSSL							     dsa(1openssl)

NAME
dsa - DSA key processing SYNOPSIS
openssl dsa [-inform PEM|DER] [-outform PEM|DER] [-in filename] [-passin arg] [-out filename] [-passout arg] [-des] [-des3] [-idea] [-text] [-noout] [-modulus] [-pubin] [-pubout] [-engine id] DESCRIPTION
The dsa command processes DSA keys. They can be converted between various forms and their components printed out. Note This command uses the traditional SSLeay compatible format for private key encryption: newer applications should use the more secure PKCS#8 format using the pkcs8 COMMAND OPTIONS
-inform DER|PEM This specifies the input format. The DER option with a private key uses an ASN1 DER encoded form of an ASN.1 SEQUENCE consisting of the values of version (currently zero), p, q, g, the public and private key components respectively as ASN.1 INTEGERs. When used with a public key it uses a SubjectPublicKeyInfo structure: it is an error if the key is not DSA. The PEM form is the default format: it consists of the DER format base64 encoded with additional header and footer lines. In the case of a private key PKCS#8 format is also accepted. -outform DER|PEM This specifies the output format, the options have the same meaning as the -inform option. -in filename This specifies the input filename to read a key from or standard input if this option is not specified. If the key is encrypted a pass phrase will be prompted for. -passin arg the input file password source. For more information about the format of arg see the PASS PHRASE ARGUMENTS section in openssl(1). -out filename This specifies the output filename to write a key to or standard output by is not specified. If any encryption options are set then a pass phrase will be prompted for. The output filename should not be the same as the input filename. -passout arg the output file password source. For more information about the format of arg see the PASS PHRASE ARGUMENTS section in openssl(1). -des|-des3|-idea These options encrypt the private key with the DES, triple DES, or the IDEA ciphers respectively before outputting it. A pass phrase is prompted for. If none of these options is specified the key is written in plain text. This means that using the dsa utility to read in an encrypted key with no encryption option can be used to remove the pass phrase from a key, or by setting the encryption options it can be use to add or change the pass phrase. These options can only be used with PEM format output files. -text prints out the public, private key components and parameters. -noout this option prevents output of the encoded version of the key. -modulus this option prints out the value of the public key component of the key. -pubin by default a private key is read from the input file: with this option a public key is read instead. -pubout by default a private key is output. With this option a public key will be output instead. This option is automatically set if the input is a public key. -engine id specifying an engine (by it's unique id string) will cause req to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. NOTES
The PEM private key format uses the header and footer lines: -----BEGIN DSA PRIVATE KEY----- -----END DSA PRIVATE KEY----- The PEM public key format uses the header and footer lines: -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- -----END PUBLIC KEY----- EXAMPLES
To remove the pass phrase on a DSA private key: openssl dsa -in key.pem -out keyout.pem To encrypt a private key using triple DES: openssl dsa -in key.pem -des3 -out keyout.pem To convert a private key from PEM to DER format: openssl dsa -in key.pem -outform DER -out keyout.der To print out the components of a private key to standard output: openssl dsa -in key.pem -text -noout To just output the public part of a private key: openssl dsa -in key.pem -pubout -out pubkey.pem SEE ALSO
dsaparam(1), gendsa(1), rsa(1), genrsa(1) OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 dsa(1openssl)