Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk performance
Operating Systems Solaris disk performance Post 302484052 by dangral on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 12:41:00 PM
Old 12-29-2010
Is there a tool to generate i/o load, such as hdparm in linux?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

optimizing disk performance

I have some questions regarding disk perfomance, and what I can do to make it just a little (or much :)) more faster. From what I've heard the first partitions will be faster than the later ones because tracks at the outer edges of a hard drive platter simply moves faster. But I've also read in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
4 Replies

2. AIX

disk performance

Hello, I have a aix 570 system with san disk. I do write test of performance in a lv with four disk. While the test I run filemon tools for trace the disk activity. The outputs of filemon are at the en of this message. I see my lV(logical volume) throughput at 100 meg by second. 2 of 4 disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hugues
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2 5.3 disk performance exerciser tool

I'm search for a disk exerciser / load tool like iometer, iozone, diskx for IBM AIX 5.2 and 5.3 Because of a very bad disk performance on several AIX systems, I need to have a tool which is able to generate a disk load on my local and SAN disks. Does somebody knows a kind of tool which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funsje
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Linux disk performance

I am getting absolutely dreadful iowait stats on my disks when I am trying to install some applications. I have 2 physical disks on which I have created 2 separate logical volume groups and a logical volume in each. I have dumped some stats as below My dual core CPU is not being over utilised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Disk performance problem on login

Running CentOS 5.5: I've come across a relatively recent problem, where in the last 2 months or so, the root disk goes to 99% utilization for about 20 seconds when a user logs in. This occurs whether a user logs in locally or via ssh. I have tried using lsof to track down the process that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Poor Disk performance on ZFS

Hello, we have a machine with Solaris Express 11, 2 LSI 9211 8i SAS 2 controllers (multipath to disks), multiport backplane, 16 Seagate Cheetah 15K RPM disks. Each disk has a sequential performance of 220/230 MB/s and in fact if I do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdsk/<diskID_1> bs=1024k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golemico
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Poor disk performance however no sign of failure

Hello guys, I have two servers performing the same disk operations. I believe one server is having a disk's impending failure however I have no hard evidence to prove it. This is a pair of Netra 210's with 2 drives in a hardware raid mirror (LSI raid controller). While performing intensive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
4 Replies

9. Linux

Disk Performance

I have a freshly installed Oracle Linux 7.1 ( akin to RHEL ) server. However after installing some Oracle software, I have noticed that my hard disk light is continually on and the system performance is slow. So I check out SAR and IOSTAT lab3:/root>iostat Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)