Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To run a script based on the value in text file Post 302484028 by m.d.ludwig on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 11:09:42 AM
Old 12-29-2010
I suggest:
Code:
grep -q 'Sum of reject_files= *0$' inputfile && command...

or
Code:
if grep -q 'Sum of reject files= *0$'; then
    command...
fi

---------- Post updated at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:08 AM ----------

grep is your friend :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trigger a script based on the run status of another scipt

Im a newbee.. I have a script which runs few times daily. I want to write another script which should pick up the latest log generated from the last run of the first job and trigger a thrid script if the first script runs successfuly. Please help... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athena
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script based on the subject line of the email

Hi, I need help in running a script that would pull info from an email subject line and run a script (foo.sh). I'm pretty sure after a bit of googling that this is possible in several ways. but none was pretty clear on how to accomplish it. The part that I really need help with is getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satekn
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for replacing text in a file based on list

Hi All, I am fairly new to the world of Unix, and I am looking for a way to replace a line of text in a file with a delimited array of values. I have an aliases file that is currently in use on our mail server that we are migrating off of. Until the migration is complete, the server must stay... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenixjc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the file based on environment

Hi, I needed to run a script based on the environment..I'm just having some issue with the script..can someone help me ? #!/bin/ksh pat01=`uname -a | awk '{printf "%s", $2}'` #if it is server 1 run this file if ; then echo "run this file" #if it is server 2 run this file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run the script based on dates

I am having below script which needs to be executed based on start and end date #!/bin/bash array=('2016-09-27' '2016-10-27' '2016-11-27' '2016-12-27' '2017-01-27' '2017-02-27' '2017-03-27' '2017-04-27' '2017-05-27' '2017-06-27' '2017-07-27' '2017-08-27' '2017-09-27' ) for i in "${array}" do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run shell script based on date file

Hi Team, I have a to run a script based on a date present in a different file which updates everyday. Kindly help with the solution. My current execution : ksh scriptname.sh 10152019. But here i want to enter this date from a file which gets updated daily. My appraoch : date file location:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
QwtTextEngine(3)						 Qwt User's Guide						  QwtTextEngine(3)

NAME
QwtTextEngine - Abstract base class for rendering text strings. SYNOPSIS
#include <qwt_text_engine.h> Inherited by QwtMathMLTextEngine, QwtPlainTextEngine, and QwtRichTextEngine. Public Member Functions virtual void draw (QPainter *painter, const QRect &rect, int flags, const QString &text) const =0 virtual int heightForWidth (const QFont &font, int flags, const QString &text, int width) const =0 virtual bool mightRender (const QString &text) const =0 virtual void textMargins (const QFont &font, const QString &text, int &left, int &right, int &top, int &bottom) const =0 virtual QSize textSize (const QFont &font, int flags, const QString &text) const =0 virtual ~QwtTextEngine () Protected Member Functions QwtTextEngine () Detailed Description Abstract base class for rendering text strings. A text engine is responsible for rendering texts for a specific text format. They are used by QwtText to render a text. QwtPlainTextEngine and QwtRichTextEngine are part of the Qwt library. QwtMathMLTextEngine can be found in Qwt MathML extension, that needs the MathML renderer of the Qt solutions package. Unfortunately it is only available with a commercial Qt license. See also: QwtText::setTextEngine() Constructor &; Destructor Documentation QwtTextEngine::~QwtTextEngine () [virtual] Destructor. QwtTextEngine::QwtTextEngine () [protected] Constructor. Member Function Documentation virtual void QwtTextEngine::draw (QPainter *painter, const QRect &rect, intflags, const QString &text) const [pure virtual] Draw the text in a clipping rectangle Parameters: painter Painter rect Clipping rectangle flags Bitwise OR of the flags like in for QPainter::drawText text Text to be rendered Implemented in QwtPlainTextEngine, QwtRichTextEngine, and QwtMathMLTextEngine. virtual int QwtTextEngine::heightForWidth (const QFont &font, intflags, const QString &text, intwidth) const [pure virtual] Find the height for a given width Parameters: font Font of the text flags Bitwise OR of the flags used like in QPainter::drawText text Text to be rendered width Width Returns: Calculated height Implemented in QwtPlainTextEngine, QwtRichTextEngine, and QwtMathMLTextEngine. virtual bool QwtTextEngine::mightRender (const QString &text) const [pure virtual] Test if a string can be rendered by this text engine Parameters: text Text to be tested Returns: true, if it can be rendered Implemented in QwtPlainTextEngine, QwtRichTextEngine, and QwtMathMLTextEngine. virtual void QwtTextEngine::textMargins (const QFont &font, const QString &text, int &left, int &right, int &top, int &bottom) const [pure virtual] Return margins around the texts The textSize might include margins around the text, like QFontMetrics::descent. In situations where texts need to be aligend in detail, knowing these margins might improve the layout calculations. Parameters: font Font of the text text Text to be rendered left Return value for the left margin right Return value for the right margin top Return value for the top margin bottom Return value for the bottom margin Implemented in QwtPlainTextEngine, QwtRichTextEngine, and QwtMathMLTextEngine. virtual QSize QwtTextEngine::textSize (const QFont &font, intflags, const QString &text) const [pure virtual] Returns the size, that is needed to render text Parameters: font Font of the text flags Bitwise OR of the flags like in for QPainter::drawText text Text to be rendered Returns: Caluclated size Implemented in QwtPlainTextEngine, QwtRichTextEngine, and QwtMathMLTextEngine. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Qwt User's Guide from the source code. Version 5.2.2 Mon Aug 1 2011 QwtTextEngine(3)