Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print metadata to jpg
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print metadata to jpg Post 302484011 by flash80 on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 10:33:51 AM
Old 12-29-2010
print metadata to jpg

Hi all,

I would like to write a scipt that gets gps informatoin from a jpg and print 's it on the lower left corner, In order to get the gps data I have found a tool called jhead. In know that with the help of the imagemagick command convert it is possible to print text on the pictures.

exemple of jhead output I would like to print.

Code:
alioune@baccus ~/disk-c/Users/alioune/Pictures $ jhead ML.JPG |grep "GPS"
GPS Latitude : N 14d 40.54m  0s
GPS Longitude: W 17d 27.82m  0s
GPS Altitude :  53.00m
alioune@baccus ~/disk-c/Users/alioune/Pictures $

Thx for your help.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print the content of a directory in jpg file

Is there any possible way to print the contents of a directory to a .jpg file? I have a list of thumbnails (e-books) which I want to share (+500) but I don't know how to make this. I would appreciate a lot any comments regarding this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

2. Programming

Best way to dump metadata to file: when and by who?

Hi, my application (actually library) indexes a file of many GB producing tables (arrays of offset and length of the data indexed) for later reuse. The tables produced are pretty big too, so big that I ran out of memory in my process (3GB limit), when indexing more than 8GB of file or so.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

About gvfsd-metadata

I need a hint about gvfsd-metadata using mate on bsd. Or dual-core cpu, quad-core cpu ore an old laptop single core, the gvfsd is an obstacle and does not accelerate anything, vice versa, it slows down many processes, coming from gnome. So someone can give me a hint how to wipe it out for good? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1in10
1 Replies
ROAD(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   ROAD(7)

NAME
road, gps - road map of the United States SYNOPSIS
games/road [ -g ] [ -s scale ] games/gps DESCRIPTION
Road displays a road map centered around some specified place in the United States. The data comes from the Census Bureau Tiger Database. The map is drawn in three shades of grey. Light grey is used for water features such as rivers, streams and lakes. Dark grey is used for railroads and airports. Black is used for roads. On terminals with ldepth zero, all shades appear black. Without options, the center of the map is the latitude and longitude specified in the file /lib/sky/here. If the -g option is given, the center of the map will be the latitude and longitude specified by continually monitoring the end of the file /tmp/gpslog. This file is written by the GPS satellite receiver program gps. With this option, and with gps running, road becomes a moving map display suitable for cars or planes. Keyboard commands s number sets the scale of the map to number. The number can be prefixed with + or - to increase/decrease the current scale. Scale 6 is about one mile across the screen and scale 10 is about ten miles across. Scales 1 through 10 are drawn with maximum detail showing all roads, trails, rivers, streams and airports. Scales 11 through 14 show highways, rivers, airports and county boundaries. Scales 15 through 20 show interstate highways and state boundaries. /regexp All features labeled by text matching the regular expression are highlighted. p place centers the map at the specified place. Usually the place must have the associated state code, (eg murrayhill,nj) but places like lax and ewr are also known. l latitude longitude centers the map at the specified coordinate. g toggles the -g option described above. q Exit. Mouse button commands Button 1 displays the text of the line nearest the cursor. Normally this is the name of a street or river. Button 2 displays the text of the place nearest the cursor. Normally this is a town. Button 3 centers the display on the cursor position. Gps reads /dev/eia0 assumed connected to a Garmin GPS-55 satellite receiver and writes the current location on the end of the file /tmp/gpslog. It is intended to be used with mobile PC's. FILES
/lib/roads/LLLL/LLLLGGGG.h scale 1-10 database files where LLLL is the latitude multiplied by 5 and GGGG is the longitude multiplied by 5. /lib/roads/LLL/LLLGGG.h scale 11-14 database files where LLL is the latitude multiplied by 1 and GGG is the longitude multiplied by 1. /lib/roads/LL/LLGG.h scale 15-20 database files where LL is the latitude multiplied by 0.2 and GG is the longitude multiplied by 0.2. /lib/roads/place /lib/roads/place.local are the translations between place names and locations. These files must be sorted. /lib/sky/here default starting map center. /tmp/gpslog moving map location. SOURCE
/sys/src/games/road /sys/src/games/gps ROAD(7)