Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Allen v. World and Dog - First Amended Complaint Post 302483999 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 09:30:02 AM
Old 12-29-2010
Allen v. World and Dog - First Amended Complaint

Paul Allen's Interval Licensing has met the deadline to file an amended complaint [PDF] with specificity. If you can read it without passing out laughing and/or having your head explode with disgust, I'd like to know what happened to you as a child that blunted your normal emotions.
No wonder he didn't want to be specific. This document is Exhibit A for why software patents are an oozing pimple on the nose of the US legal system. Interval is suing because it can, and it would like to be paid by anyone using the Internet in a normal way, and it can because the US Patent Office thought it was good policy to rubber stamp stupid software patents right and left, with the idea that they could be vetted in litigation.
And vetted they will be. But at what cost to the US economy? I can't believe any of these patents will survive intact. Normally, I'd ask you to look for prior art, but I see other, easier ways to toss them in the dumpster, so even if I weren't busy doing Comes v. Microsoft exhibits, I still wouldn't ask you to bother. Post any that you happen to know about, but I'm not asking unless one of the defendants specifically asks for us to do it.

More...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)