Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PID with a log/history perspective. Post 302483910 by dipanchandra on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 02:26:46 AM
Old 12-29-2010
Hi Perderabo,

Thanks a ton Smilie . I will sure have a look at the "unix accounting " Smilie

Cheers !!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login history log file?

hi, i am the administrator of my sun solaris 8 server. i want to keep a log file for users who have login. example: in the end of the day, i want to open file that tells me during these days, what user, from which IP address, and from what time to time has login. please tell me how should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

2. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

4. AIX

history log

is there's a way i can capture my senior administrator history on aix? he make his history (sh_history) to another owner (not his own) so that his history will not be captured. is there's a global history of some kind in aix that i could look into. thanks, vene (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venerayan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History and commnad log

Dear All I had a UNIX ( Sun solaris ) os. There are many user on that server. Now i want to find during last week who had log in to the sever and which commnad are executed by them? I also want to from which IP they had log in to the server. Is there any log file generated for user in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies
PAC(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    PAC(8)

NAME
pac -- printer/plotter accounting information SYNOPSIS
pac [-Pprinter] [-c] [-m] [-pprice] [-s] [-r] [name ...] DESCRIPTION
The pac utility reads the printer/plotter accounting files, accumulating the number of pages (the usual case) or feet (for raster devices) of paper consumed by each user, and printing out how much each user consumed in pages or feet and dollars. Options and operands available: -Pprinter Accounting is done for the named printer. Normally, accounting is done for the default printer (site dependent) or the value of the environment variable PRINTER is used. -c Cause the output to be sorted by cost; usually the output is sorted alphabetically by name. -m Cause the host name to be ignored in the accounting file. This allows for a user on multiple machines to have all of his printing charges grouped together. -pprice The value price is used for the cost in dollars instead of the default value of 0.02 or the price specified in /etc/printcap. -r Reverse the sorting order. -s Accounting information is summarized on the summary accounting file; this summarization is necessary since on a busy system, the accounting file can grow by several lines per day. names Statistics are only printed for user(s) name; usually, statistics are printed for every user who has used any paper. FILES
/var/account/?acct raw accounting files /var/account/?_sum summary accounting files /etc/printcap printer capability data base SEE ALSO
printcap(5) HISTORY
The pac utility appeared in 4.0BSD. BUGS
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD