Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How does Awk interpret $0!~
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How does Awk interpret $0!~ Post 302483862 by anurag.singh on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 04:40:42 PM
Old 12-28-2010
Yes.
~ == >> "match"
!~ == >> "no match"
It prints lines which doesn't match with regular exp ^$ i.e. blank.
So prints all non-blank lines only (i.e. delete blank lines)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar -q - how to Interpret these results

Should I be concerned about the %runocc value be always 100. The CPU is 99% idle all the time and the paging is 0 MyMachine|10/23/2007 00:00:05|1.0|100|| MyMachine|10/23/2007 00:05:04|1.0|100|| MyMachine|10/23/2007 00:10:04|1.0|100|| MyMachine|10/23/2007 00:15:04|1.0|100||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SarNovice
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do We Interpret This ?

ksh $ETL_XXX/bin/filename.ksh wf_workflowname . Which is used in post session command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please interpret.

Hi guys, I have no idea on unix but suddenly, my cobol programs calls a unix script that i know nothing about. can you guys interpret these lines for me? i know its a print command but I want to actually know how many copies it prints. qprt -da -P $1 -t '6' -i '6' -l '70' $2 qprt -da... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supacow
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret the sed command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:(data in tempfile2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret sed and awk in the below command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:data in tempfile2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to interpret TOP

Hi, So I am new to Unix, and I need to check the performance of some apps I am running. But I don't know how to interpret the output from TOP. Could somebody please explain the difference between the different values. And also explain how I can have a process which has a %CPU > 100? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_jay_smith
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone interpret this -- not sure

Was wondering if someone could interpret this for me -- I'm not sure what everything means. It's a shell script from my bash book: cd () { builtin cd "$@" es=$? echo "$OLDPWD ->$PWD" return $es } what I don't quite understand is the "$@". I think, if I understand... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

don't know how to interpret this

Can anyone tell me how to interpret this: listpage="ls |more" (the spaces are there in the example) $listpage It's from my bash book and I'm not sure what it means (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to interpret code

hi All, i have never used sed in Unix environment, but i have one script which is using this following command: cat audit_session_rpt_MSP_20140331.lst|sed -n '/Apr 14/!p'| sed -n '/Page/!p'| sed -n '/UserName/!p' |\ egrep -v '^-|^=|^\*'|sed '/^$/d'|sed -e '1,7d'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Who -r interpret?

I booted into single user mode with /usr/sbin/reboot -- -s but after doing a control -d my who -r shows run-level 3 Nov 17 14:07 3 0 S I was expecting it to show run-level S why is this still in run level 3? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
g3cat(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  g3cat(1)

NAME
g3cat - concatenate multiple g3 documents SYNOPSIS
g3cat [-l] [-a] g3-file1 ... DESCRIPTION
g3cat concatenates g3 files. These can either be 'raw', that is, bitmaps packed according to the CCITT T.4 standard for one-dimensional bitmap encoding, or 'digifax' files, created by GNU's GhostScript package with the digifax drivers. Its output is a concatenation of all the input files, in raw G3 format, with two white lines in between. If a - is given as input file, stdin is used. If the input data is malformed, a warning is printed to stderr, and the output file will have a blank line at this place. OPTIONS
-l separate files with a one-pixel wide black line. -h <blank lines> specifies the number of blank lines g3cat should prepend to each page. Default is 0. -L <lines> limit lenght of output page to maximum <lines> lines. SPECIAL-CASE OPTIONS -w <width> specifies the desired page width in pixels per line. Default is 1728 PELs, and this is mandatory if you want to send the fax to a standard fax machine. If one of the input files doesn't match this line width (for example because it was created by a broken G3 creator), a warning is printed, and the line width is transparently fixed. -a byte-align the end-of-line codes (EOL) in the file. Every EOL will end at a byte boundary, that is, with a 01 byte. -p <pad> specifies a minimum number of bytes that each output line must be padded to. Padding is done with 0-bits before the EOL code. -R suppress output of end-of-page code (RTC). Example The following example will put a header line on a given g3 page, 'page1' and put the result into 'page2': echo '$header' | pbmtext | pbm2g3 | g3cat - page1 >page2 FILES
-- BUGS
Hopefully none :-). SEE ALSO
g32pbm(1), sendfax(8), faxspool(1) AUTHORS
g3cat is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de> greenie 27 Oct 93 g3cat(1)