Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Unable to install Perl module via CPAN Post 302483793 by DGPickett on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 12:41:06 PM
Old 12-28-2010
I guess for some less compatible upgrades you need to explicitly provide an include path. comp.lang.perl.modules: Re: Customizing include path with CPAN install

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Install Perl Module

Hi Every one, I am suing solaris 5.10. i want install perl modules, how insall cn any body help me to install perl Module.. Thank you for your Help Thanks, Hari.A. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari.jnvc90
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - problem with CPAN module XML::Simple

Hi All, I am trying to run the following program #!/usr/bin/perl # use module use XML::Simple; use Data::Dumper; # create object $xml = new XML::Simple; # read XML file $data = $xml->XMLin("dump.xml"); # print output print Dumper($dump); At first i had the error mesage saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] How to install with CPAN specified version of module

Hello all, i am searching how to install a module but the question is : howto specify CPAN to install a determined version of the module ? In my case i want to install DBD:Oracle1.14 and not version 1.23 proposed ! Any idea welcome ! :rolleyes: Thanks ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun_cracker
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Trying to install perl module

Here's the deal: I'm trying to install perl's DBI Module in my Solaris 11 express ( ALSO TRYING IN SOLARIS 10 ) but I'm getting these errors/warnings when using the respective commands perl Makefile.PL Warning: prerequisite ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.48 not found. We have 6.42. Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaradogunner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows.

Hi, I want to install 'Devel-Profile' in windows but i am not able to install. Here is the error. PPM> install Devel-Profile Install package 'Devel-Profile?' (y/N): y Installing package 'Devel-Profile'... Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

8. Solaris

perl module install issue

Hi, I've been trying to install the perl module DateTime-0.72 onto Solaris 10 server. # uname -a SunOS 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc but I'm getting the following error: /export/home/perl-modules/DateTime-0.72/> perl Build.PL Can't locate Module/Build.pm in @INC (@INC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keatingb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : unable to frame code with Business:Hours module with example

Hi all , There are two datetimes in the below format $datetime1="2007-12-31 16:50:00"; $datetime2="2008-1-1 04:24:00"; I need to calculate time in minutes only in between the office hours.(08:00 to 18:00 ). in PERL. For the above requirement I found a module Business::Hours that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)