Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302483781 by verdepollo on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 12:02:40 PM
Old 12-28-2010
I don't have one. In fact I haven't even tried one...

I've been using iBooks since its release and I know it's not perfect but it just works fine for me. Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
GJOTS2DOCBOOK(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GJOTS2DOCBOOK(1)

NAME
gjots2docbook - Convert a gjotsfile to DOCBOOK (on stdout) SYNOPSIS
gjots2docbook -a|-b [ -e ] [ -P ] [ -p ] [ gjotsfile ] DESCRIPTION
gjots2docbook converts a gjotsfile into DOCBOOK XML. gjots2docbook uses awk(1) to perform the conversion. gjots2docbook does not create them so the first element in the file should contain any <bookinfo> or <artheader> element. Similarly, <bib- liographic> elements are not created. In fact the output is very simplistic with item titles in the gjotsfile being converted to chapter or section headings in DOCBOOK. There is no reason why your gjotsfile should not contain valid DOCBOOK XML - and that is why the -e and -p op- tions are provided. If the file does not start with <?xml ...> then appropriate lines will be added as follows: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE doc_type PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"> If properly installed, the docbook utilities can then be used to create HTML, man, ps, pdf etc files eg: gjots2docbook -b ~/.gjotsfile >gjotsfile.xml docbook2pdf gjotsfile.xml It may be necessary to fine-tune the docbook formatting to access all features. OPTIONS
-a makes a DOCBOOK article -b makes a DOCBOOK book -e don't encode special characters eg < -> &lt; -p don't change blank lines to </para><para> markers -P first section is a preface rather than a chapter (book only) AUTHOR
Written by Bob Hepple <bhepple@freeshell.org> http://bhepple.freeshell.org/gjots COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 Robert Hepple This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PAR- TICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
gjots(1), gjots2html(1), docbook2gjots(1) GJOTS2DOCBOOK(1)