Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl-Upgradation from 5.8 to 5.12 Post 302483723 by donisback on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 08:13:16 AM
Old 12-28-2010
My Distribution is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10. (SLES10). The supported version is 5.8.8 . I have now successfully installed on the machine. The problem was with the PATH variable. I had to change the PATH variable.

Thanks for your help.

Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU upgradation on V880

We have 4 CPU in V880 server. we need to upgrade by one or two CPUs . Is it possible on 5 or 6 CPU on V880 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk2oo5
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Package Upgradation in solaris

Hi how would i upgrade any package from (say) version 4.1 to version 4.2 ? Help needed and help appreciated Thanks chakri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakri.penguin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Whether the upgradation of oracle DB needs upgradation of sun solaris also?

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 in sun solaris 5.9 server. We wnt to upgrade the oracle database to 10.2g. My doubt is that " what are the implications of this database upgradation in sun solaris server" "whether we need to upgrade the sunsolaris 5.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux kernel upgradation

Hi, I am not able to upgrade the Linux kernel version 2.6.21.5 to 2.6.25. I tried applying the patches available in the Linux site. The patches are not getting applied successfully. I have the linux kernel 2.6.21.5 with some samsung patches on top of it. I want to upgrade that kernel to 2.6.25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojasreejith
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux RHEL 4 upgradation problem

Hi All, I have some problem in upgrading Linux from kernel 2.4.21-4.EL to 2.4.21-27.EL. I downloaded the package from Rpm source : kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL.i386 RPM I upgraded using rpm -Uvh kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL It installed sucessfully, But when i check grub.conf file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VNK
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML/TL upgradation

hi everybody, I want to apply the TL 5300-05. Presently TL is 5300-00. What steps i have to do while upgrading the maintenance level.??? Is it necessary to upgrade the firmware also?? If yes then my current firmware is Platform Firmware level is 3F050607 System Firmware level is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jit15975
3 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris upgradation from 8 to 10

Hi, Can anybody help me to upgrade my machinne from solaris 8 to solaris 10 Regards, ravich (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravich
1 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Bind Upgradation in Solaris 10

Hi All , My current Bind version is BIND 9.6.1 and I want upgrade the same to BIND 9.8.1-P1 ,Can any one provide the steps to do the same ? Solaris Version : 5.10 Generic_144488-11 sun4v sparc Thanks , (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

9. AIX

TL upgradation for AIX machine. Need help

Hi Experts, I have an AIX machine oslevel -s 5300-00-00 Now I need to upgrade its TL to a level 5300-06-03-0732 Kindly let me know if we can do this directly. I guss we have to upgrade TL from 1 , 2 ,3 ,4, 5 and 6, then I have to upgrade to 06-03-0732 . Am i right here ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
6 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Env(3pm)