Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle installation...
Operating Systems Solaris oracle installation... Post 302483716 by senkerth on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 07:32:23 AM
Old 12-28-2010
thanks .. but

can u post me some screen shots.. i mean those installation procedures..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle installation on redhat 7.0/7.1

can anybody tell me that whether oracle 8i is installable on redhat 7.0/7.1. for me it is only working successfully on redhat 6.1 but not later versions cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation of Oracle!!!!

Can anybody show me the steps(in detail) of Installation of Oracle on Sun Solaris 8.0............I am new to UNIX............... Any help would be greatlyt appreciated... Thnx... OCP Guy. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocpguy
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Oracle 9i Installation

Hello; I am hoping that one of you Guru's out there has run across this problem and can tell me exactly where I am messing up. I have a Sun Ultra 10 with 1GB of memory and 2GB of swap space. I am trying to install Oracle 9i on the system. All goes well with the installation until the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
2 Replies

4. Solaris

oracle 9i installation

Let me please know how to install oracle 9i in SOLARIS 5.8 version ... I'm having oracle9i CDROM with me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle 9i Installation

Will any one refer me a site form where I can get the info about "Oracle 9i installation in Solaris 8 or Solaris 10". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Installation of Oracle on HPUX 11.31

I am having issues the below issues:- As per the documents Preinstallation Tasks I have linked the following files :- # cd /usr/lib # ln -s libX11.3 libX11.sl # ln -s libXIE.2 libXIE.sl # ln -s libXext.3 libXext.sl # ln -s libXhp11.3 libXhp11.sl # ln -s libXi.3 libXi.sl # ln -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grayhorns
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 installation

Good evening, I am trying to install the oracle 10 in Solaris 10 and oracle requires following patches to be installed: 117837-08 117846-19 118682-01 I have downloaded above from sunsolve.com and when I add the patch with following command: patchadd -M xxxxx the are not installed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle installation error

Hi, While running runInstaller to open up the Oracle Universal Installer, I got an error - >>> Could not execute auto check for display colors using command /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set. Failed <<<< This is what I have done - I logged in with Oracle... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle installation on cygwin

Can someone help in Oracle installation on cygwin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uinx_addic
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)