Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 2.6TB filesystem to be copied or moved to another FS ? Post 302483523 by homeyjoe on Monday 27th of December 2010 02:42:32 PM
Old 12-27-2010
cplv

Since I made a new LV with my naming scheme, and not letting AIX create a generic-named LV, I had to set the type to 'copy' (per the cplv error code that you saw).
When you do a 'lsvg -l VGname' you will see that it's a 'copy' type instead of the usual jfs, jfs2, paging, etc. Once the cplv command is complete then the LV will be listed as jfs/jfs2 instead of copy.

Happy AIX-ing!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Check copied file

Hi all, If i wanted to copy file within different folders or different servers, how do i determine the copied file is absolutely correct :confused: Is it using cmp and chksum command enough? Anyway that i can make further checking? Thanks in advance for reading & anyone who reply the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sudo scp -r – can't get everything copied though

I want to copy a folder and all its contents of ~700GB from a computer to another. I've tried sudo scp -r directory/ admin@host:directory but the result is that the copied folder is about 2GBs smaller than the original. I checked the shell for errors and found some "file doesn't exist" errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies