Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to see special characters? Post 302483464 by anurag.singh on Monday 27th of December 2010 07:51:16 AM
Old 12-27-2010
not sure if this helps:
Code:
echo "dfdf\n\t" | xd -c

output:
Code:
0000000 d f d f \n \t \n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unescaping special characters

how do i unescape special characters in Unix. Suppose i've a file named -xyz.txt, how do I remove the file. Ofcourse Icant give rm -xyz.txt thats not gonna work. We can go in regular expression like this ls | grep -e '-'xyz.txt | rm; but I'd like to know any simpler way than this. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram_r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED with Special characters

Hello All Seeking the right one SED command. My attempt is: From orginal.txt by SED to target.txt sed -i "/('outbound-callerid/a\$ext->add($context, $exten, '', new ext_SipAddHeader('P-Preferred-Identity', '<sip:${CALLERID(nummer)}@carrier.com>'));" orginal.txtWhat am make wrong?:wall: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbinder
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
labelit_hsfs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  labelit_hsfs(1M)

NAME
labelit_hsfs - provide and print labels for hsfs file systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/labelit -F hsfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] special DESCRIPTION
labelit can be used to provide labels for unmounted CD-ROM images (CD-ROMs may not be labeled, as they are read-only media). generic_options are options supported by the generic labelit command. If no specific_options are specified, labelit prints the current value of all label fields. The special name should be the physical disk section (for example, /dev/dsk/c0d0s6). OPTIONS
-o Use one or more of the following name=value pairs separated by commas (with no intervening spaces) to specify values for specific label fields. According to the ISO 9660 specification, only certain sets of characters may be used to fill in these labels. Thus, ``d-characters'' below refers to the characters `A' through `Z', the digits `0' through `9', and the `_' (underscore) character. ``a-characters'' below refers to `A' through `Z', `0' through `9', space, and the following characters: !"%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?_. absfile= Abstract file identifier, d-characters, 37 characters maximum. applid= Application identifier, d-characters, 128 characters maximum. bibfile= Bibliographic file identifier, d-characters, 37 characters maximum. copyfile= Copyright file identifier, d-characters, 128 maximum. prepid= Data preparer identifier, d-characters, 128 maximum. pubid= Publisher identifier, d-characters, 128 maximum. sysid= System identifier, a-characters, 32 maximum. volid= Volume identifier, d-characters, 32 maximum. volsetid= Volume set identifier, d-characters, 128 maximum. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
labelit(1M), volcopy(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1992 labelit_hsfs(1M)