Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Linux partitioned disk mounted on OSOL without formatting Post 302483304 by jlliagre on Saturday 25th of December 2010 05:10:21 PM
Old 12-25-2010
The partition ids tell there is RAID involved (Linux RAID Autodetect). If the data partition(s) is/are not directly accessible as ext3, there is little chance you could mount them from Solaris. Even if they are, ext3 isn't supported natively by Solaris/OpenSolaris. There are two distinct projects with the goal to provide this support, one in userland: http://www.genunix.org/distributions....FSWfsmisc.txt and one in the kernel: Quick howto (Project ext3.Quick howto) - XWiki
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Formatting disk to UFS

Hello all, I have a laptop with a FAT32 files system, and I want to convert to UFS (unix file system) to install Solaris 10. somebody knows the way to do that?:confused: Please help Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
4 Replies

4. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Formatting disk such that it works on Dos

Hi, I need to format a disk in Linux such that the disk works on DOS machine. Regards Rochit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to modify a disk with mounted partitions?

Hi Guys, I was wondering; can a disk with mounted partitions be modified? If yes, how can this be done? Thanks lots (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ?

hi all: as we know , when usb flash disk plug in and aotu mounted , the default permission of the usb flash disk is 700. that means others have no permission . the question: how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ? thanks !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies
pxfw(8) 							     pxfw 0.5								   pxfw(8)

NAME
pxfw - Firmware flashing tool for Plextor CD/DVD devices SYNOPSIS
pxfw -l pxfw -d DEVICE [-if firmware.bin] [-u] [-f] [-v] pxfw -d DEVICE [-e] [-r] [-t] [-v] DESCRIPTION
pxfw is the linux firmware flasher for Plextor CD and DVD drives. Remove any disks before flashing. FEATURES
You can flash the firmware of these drives: Plextor Premium, Premium-2, PX-712, PX-716, PX-755 and PX-760. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -if select inputfile. Specify the firmware binary file, which should be written to DEVICE. -u proceed update. When the firmware checksum test has succeeded, write firmware to DEVICE. -f force flashing. Even if DEVICE is not recognized, or firmware. checksum has failed, firmware writing will be forced. Handle with care. -e read EEPROM from DEVICE. -r reboot the device. -t test which opcodes are supported by the device. -v debug. EXAMPLES
pxfw -d /dev/hdc -if 755_1.07.bin -u writes firmware file 755_1.07.bin into Master Drive on Secondary IDE-Port. pxfw -d /dev/sr3 -e -oe file.foo reades EEPROM from device /dev/sr3 and writes it to file.foo. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 02 April, 2009 pxfw(8)