Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System audible beep
Operating Systems Linux Slackware System audible beep Post 302483264 by slak0 on Friday 24th of December 2010 11:18:52 PM
Old 12-25-2010
System audible beep

Corona688 THANX. The problem is with #1 apparently since I had taken care of 2-3. So are you saying for #1 that I can only invoke a beep from a virtual console using echo command and must use xset in an X-window?
I have (#4?) P C Speak unmuted and set to 80% in alsamixer -c2 is that what you meant by enabling the channel?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no beep in shell??

hiho, who has an idea how i can tell my shell that it should not beep on errors or when i'm using the TAB in bash to complete noone needs to know when i make mistakes ;-) solaris 9 (SPARC) bash 2.05 thx a lot Preßy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Turn off awful beep

. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Driver
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to shut off beep

I need to know how to turn off the beep in my unix environment. I tried with the Common Desktop Environment on solaris but it didn't work. I used to know the environment variable to set but I have forgotten it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpedicone
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I make 'tail -f' beep?

Hi, I'm moniroting numerous logs in my new job (tail -f JOE.log | grep ALERT) and I want to be able to make the Terminal BEEP when ever something comes up. Is this something I can do easily? Any help with the above (or an alternative) would be appreciated, so I can stop staring at the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_big_v
1 Replies

5. Linux

the old question: how to disable the beep ?

still the old question (didn't find the satisfied answer in the forum) how to disable the awful beep in linux workstation? i tried this: /etc/inputrc -〉set bell-style none but it can only disable the beep whenever you input wrongly in the console. in some othercases, i still can hear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get ride of the BEEP in Solaris

Hello, I did a search on this forum and a global search to try and find out how to disable that annoying beep that you get when you mistype or hit the esc key in VI and i didn't have that problem last week. I'm using Solaris and bash shell and i've put these commands into my .profile file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

I can't make my pc speakers beep

I don't know why, but when I issue echo -e '\a' or beep. I get only some sound, set in my OS (Ubuntu Karmic). I tried to run these on Lenovo Y510KA and Lenovo S10-2. Is there another way to make my laptops beep?.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

8. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies
ALSAMIXERGUI(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   ALSAMIXERGUI(1)

NAME
alsamixergui -- FLTK based frontend for alsamixer SYNOPSIS
alsamixergui [-h] [-c <card number or identification>] [-D <mixer device>] [-g] [-s] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the alsamixergui commands. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. alsamixergui is a FLTK based frontend for alsamixer. It is written directly on top of the alsamixer source, leaving the original source intact, only adding a couple of ifdefs, and some calls to the gui part, so it provides exactly the same functionality, but with a graphical user interface. OPTIONS
-h -help Help: show available flags. -c <card number or identification> Select the soundcard to use, if you have more than one. Cards are numbered from 0 (the default). -D <device identification> Select the mixer device to control. -g Toggle the using of colors. (Accepted but ignored) -s Minimize the mixer window. (Accepted but ignored) SEE ALSO
alsamixer(1), amixer(1), aplay(1), arecord(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Robert Jordens jordens@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2. On Debian systems, the full text of this license can be found in the file /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. ALSAMIXERGUI(1)