Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chromium flashes and crashes
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Chromium flashes and crashes Post 302483147 by Druonysus on Friday 24th of December 2010 02:59:09 AM
Old 12-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g
you can use zypper to update it once you know the name of the package. Try this:

Code:
rpm -qa | egrep -i 'mono|moon'

and try to reinstall the packages associated with that.

Also, I would try this: (I thought better of myself)

Code:
updatedb
locate libmoonloaderxpi

then when you find out where that file is located do this:

Code:
rpm -qf <path to libmoonloaderxpi >

then you know what package to remove or update.
all the suggested commands produced no output with the exeption of "rpm -qa | egrep -i 'mono|moon'" but it only produced things relating to mono and nothing with moon in the output. I have been looking for a fix for this for several days and today I finally got a fix. I ran a zypper up and it updated chromium again. So, once zypper up was done I started chromium from the command-line and it works flawlessly.... I hope it stays this way. Thanks for the help with this. Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Explorer flashes off

Hi, What must have happen to my internet explorer that flashes whenever it want to load. The page after trying to load would just logout. I have tried to reset most of the setting on the properties but all to no avail. Can someone pls assist. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Server crashes when not in use.

Production server crashes when there is no traffic on it. Can only recover by going to ALOM and reboot the server. This seems to happen about the same time every month. The only good thing is the server is not in production at the time of the crash. I have been unable to locate any information in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

7z crashes system

Can someone tell my why every time I try to use 7z it freezes my system? I can't move my mouse, I can't type, I can't kill my xsession. I then restart my system and everything returns to normal. When I try to use 7z my system again freezes. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

chromium

I would just like to point out that for the past 1/2 monts i'm unable to edit post or if i post in regular mode i get double post using chromium browser. Can someone confirm or deny this. I'm using : chromium 18.0.1025.151 (Developer Build 85dfed9 Linux) Debian wheezy/sid Regards Peasant. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below program is crashing? and where exactly it is crashing. What is the corrective measure to be taken to make it work fine? #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class CString { char* m_data; public: CString() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies
RPMKEYS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMKEYS(8)

NAME
rpmkeys - RPM Keyring SYNOPSIS
rpmkeys {--import|--checksig} DESCRIPTION
The general forms of rpm digital signature commands are rpmkeys --import PUBKEY ... rpmkeys {-K|--checksig} PACKAGE_FILE ... The --checksig option checks all the digests and signatures contained in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note that signatures are now verified whenever a package is read, and --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures associated with a package. Digital signatures cannot be verified without a public key. An ASCII armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import. An imported public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is performed exactly like package management. For example, all cur- rently imported public keys can be displayed by: rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be displayed by querying. Here's information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key: rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages. Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmkeys --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMKEYS(8)