Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting disk space utilization script Post 302483090 by jlliagre on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 03:08:46 PM
Old 12-23-2010
More precisely, that '!' must be either in column one or preceded by tabs in your script. There are likely some spaces characters instead of tabs before the '!'.

The ending string must start in column one when <<string is used, <<-string allows indentation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Frustrating Disk space script

This my frustrating disk space script that is supposed to send me a email whenever the disk space reaches 90% but this has some problem that just would not work ..can anyone please tell me when im going wrong #!/bin/ksh sendemail=-1 space=`df -bhk /users/siebelserver |awk '{print$5}'` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space script

Hi all, Can any one help me in making a disk space script in solaris 8/9 for instance i only want to get those partitions whose diskspace has exceed 70%. Any volunteer? Cheers! BR/asad (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Monitoring Script

#!/bin/bash # Disk Space Monitoring for more than 95 % # and Sending Alerts by Mail if ; then `df -k |awk '$5 > 95 {print $1 " ----------- " $5}' |mailx -s "More than 95% disk usage in DEV" email@test.com'; else exit 0 fi I get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help - disk space check script

I have a disk space check script that uses an exceptions file, the only issue with the script is that it does not work with values higher than the FSMAX=85 value. I have a file system that is at 92% and it doesn't change, so I would like to add it to the exceptions file. The exceptions file format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddhadder71
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Disk space

:( Hi All, i have 4 linux server for which i want set up script to monitor the disk space ... here my problem is i want the output like graph... also it should reflect in monitor ...as non stop process.. can any one suggest me any way where i can implement the script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk space being used up while running a script

We have a script which when run consumes the space of the disk from where it is being run. we have to kill this script every time to release space. why do this happen ? any work around please we are using solaris 10 P.S. : a part of the code will make some connection to the DB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chidori
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need simpler way to find all my disk space utilization using df -h

Hi All, I am using SSH Tectia terminal to get the disk space utilization of a particular folder /opt/logs in all the servers one by one using the command df -h and looking through the list of folders manually to get /opt/logs folder disk space used percentage . The problem here is , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakhan2011
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help!! disk free space script

i want to write a shell script,when disk uses is 90% then automatically send a email to distribution list (group member)...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk space script

i have 3 servers and i am checking for the disk space of a specific mount-point, should not be more than 85 % considering example as below server1 mountpoint_1 has 70% diskutilization server2 mountpoint_1 has 80% diskutilization server3 mountpoint_1 has 7% diskutilization now when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
6 Replies
EXPAND(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 EXPAND(1)

NAME
expand, unexpand -- expand tabs to spaces, and vice versa SYNOPSIS
expand [-t tab1,tab2,...,tabn] [file ...] unexpand [-a | -t tab1,tab2,...,tabn] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The expand utility processes the named files or the standard input writing the standard output with tabs changed into blanks. Backspace characters are preserved into the output and decrement the column count for tab calculations. The expand utility is useful for pre-process- ing character files (before sorting, looking at specific columns, etc.) that contain tabs. The unexpand utility puts tabs back into the data from the standard input or the named files and writes the result on the standard output. The following options are available: -a (unexpand only.) By default, only leading blanks and tabs are reconverted to maximal strings of tabs. If the -a option is given, then tabs are inserted whenever they would compress the resultant file by replacing two or more characters. -t tab1,tab2,...,tabn Set tab stops at column positions tab1, tab2, ..., tabn. If only a single number is given, tab stops are set that number of column positions apart instead of the default number of 8. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of expand and unexpand as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The expand and unexpand utilities exit 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The expand and unexpand utilities conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The expand command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
October 13, 2006 BSD