Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help filling in ranges
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help filling in ranges Post 302483056 by anurag.singh on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 12:03:37 PM
Old 12-23-2010
yes. right. I didn't notice that. And your logic is much much simpler.
Thanks for providing best possible solutions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Valid ranges for uids for HP-UX

Hi , I am using adduser in hp-ux to create users in Hp-ux. i would like to know what are the valid values for uids and gids in hp-ux what are the rannges for the valid uids . How to check what are the used uids in Hp-ux . Thanks Narendra babu C (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date ranges

Hi, Please anyone help to achive this using perl or unix scripting . This is date in my table 20090224,based on the date need to check the files,If file exist for that date then increment by 1 for that date and check till max date 'i.e.20090301 and push those files . files1_20090224... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving ranges using awk

Hi All, Is there a way to save a range in variable for later printing? for example write somthing like this: awk ' /pattern1/,/pattern2/{f=range} /pattern3/{print f} ' I don't know excatly what "range" could be but is there a way to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoda2_10
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

Help reserving UID ranges?

We have recently merged 2 old systems onto a newer Itanium platform. As part of this work we merged the password files and assigned new UID's beginning from 1000. I have a user add script that admins can use to add a user, however this assigns the next available UIB (in the low 100's) rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with function that has multiple ranges

I have a problem that I cant figure out what to do in this function i need it to count multiple ranges like 0 10, 5 10, 1 100. I know that my counter needs to be outside the function and that it needs to be set to the lowest numbered positional parameter but thats were I am having trouble if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emin_Em
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with ranges of numbers

Good day to everyone! So, let's start :) I have a file with a numbers in some ranges for example: 1 10 49 72 ... and this file need to transform to: 1 2 3 4 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Values between ranges

Hi, I have two files file1 chr1_22450_22500 chr2_12300_12350 chr1_34500_34550 file2 11000_13000 15000_19000 33000_44000 If the file 1 ranges fall between file2 ranges then assign the value of file2 in column 2 to file1 output: chr2_12300_12350 11000_13000 chr1_34500_34550 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Test for overlapping IP ranges

Greetings folks, I have a rather lengthy list of banned IP ranges in iptables. Initially it was constructed as a rather ad-hoc affair, then later I discovered a site which had IP Block By Country lists, and imported several into iptables. If possible, I'd like to be able to verify if the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers between two number ranges

Hi, I have a list.txt file with number ranges and want to print/save new all.txt file with all the numbers and between the numbers. == list.txt == 65936 65938 65942 && 65943 65945 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to get the maximum of a value in two different ranges

Dear Unix gurus, I have sample data organised like this and containing 6 columns (with headers): label c2 c3 c4 c5 c6 where c2 to c6 are numeric values in columns c2 to 6. I am trying to create a simple output in a new file containing 3 columns: label max(c2 c3) max(c4 c5 c6) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
4 Replies
doctoc_intro(n) 						Documentation tools						   doctoc_intro(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctoc_intro - doctoc introduction DESCRIPTION
doctoc (short for documentation tables of contents) stands for a set of related, yet different, entities which are working together for the easy creation and transformation of tables of contents for documentation. These are [1] A tcl based language for the semantic markup of a table of contents. Markup is represented by Tcl commands. [2] A package providing the ability to read and transform texts written in that markup language. It is important to note that the actual transformation of the input text is delegated to plugins. [3] An API describing the interface between the package above and a plugin. Which of the more detailed documents are relevant to the reader of this introduction depends on their role in the documentation process. [1] A writer of documentation has to understand the markup language itself. A beginner to doctoc should read the more informally written doctoc language introduction first. Having digested this the formal doctoc language syntax specification should become understand- able. A writer experienced with doctoc may only need the doctoc language command reference from time to time to refresh her memory. While a document is written the dtp application can be used to validate it, and after completion it also performs the conversion into the chosen system of visual markup, be it *roff, HTML, plain text, wiki, etc. The simpler dtplite application makes internal use of doctoc when handling directories of documentation, automatically generating a proper table of contents for them. [2] A processor of documentation written in the doctoc markup language has to know which tools are available for use. The main tool is the aforementioned dtp application provided by Tcllib. The simpler dtplite does not expose doctoc to the user. At the bottom level, common to both applications, however sits the package doctoools::toc, providing the basic facilities to read and process files containing text in the doctoc format. [3] At last, but not least, plugin writers have to understand the interaction between the doctools::toc package and its plugins, as described in the doctoc plugin API reference. RELATED FORMATS
doctoc does not stand alone, it has two companion formats. These are called docidx and doctools, and they are for the markup of keyword indices, and general documentation, respectively. They are described in their own sets of documents, starting at the docidx introduction and the doctools introduction, respectively. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. SEE ALSO
docidx_intro, doctoc_lang_cmdref, doctoc_lang_faq, doctoc_lang_intro, doctoc_lang_syntax, doctoc_plugin_apiref, doctools::toc, doc- tools_intro KEYWORDS
markup, semantic markup, table of contents, toc COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctoc_intro(n)