Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Squid Tproxy Bandwidth problem Post 302483052 by DGPickett on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 11:51:48 AM
Old 12-23-2010
Yes, it is best not to be too greedy, as a little cache does a lot of good, and twice as much only helps a little more at a cost to the misses that begins to erode the virtue very quickly.

I am not sure I am size-adverse, as the data will flow through the first time regardless, disk is cheap and the savings is that much greater. My primary focus would be on the size of the cache directory that must be searched. I hope squid uses a nice hash map with a large, prime number of buckets, or an extensible map! Maybe setting limits to nearby prime numbers will help prod squid in that direction!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem with SQUID

hi all... i installed Red Hat 9...but i can use a proxy server with service squid... in my job i have a direct internet connection in the linux, but i configurate squid.conf...ports...ip's.... but still not working...with the windows machines.... in the linux server if i put the 127.0.0.0 port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

bandwidth

Hi, 1-What is bandewidth ? 2-How to calculate ? 3-How to measure ? Any free software to measure it ? Many thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

squid logs problem

hi i am having problem with proxy logs the log file in /var/log/squid/access.log is having 0 size i am using red hat linux enterprise edition squid version->Version 2.5.STABLE6 with default conf file and it is running but whatever i access from internet it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

4. Linux

Squid Browsing problem

Configured Squid2.0 on linux9. Browsing is very slow in client side. takes atleast 1min to open the page. can anybody tell me what to do Thaks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenasuresh
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Squid Configuration problem

I have squid version 2.6 running on ubuntu linux as a proxycache although caching is not being used, the problem I have is that certain websites that require the user to log into do not seem to pass through the squid, the only thing I see is that the website is trying to access a file called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Simon Young
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

7. Debian

Squid Advance problem.

Hi There I have a network where im running squid proxy in transparent mode. All sites are blocked by default and the users can only browse sites listed in a file called allowed-sites. I have to block a group of users in department A from accessing 5 sites that the rest of the company can access.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

9. Linux

Tproxy CentOS 7

Hi dear I came with such a question, I ask you not to kick much) I have rules for iptables ip rule add fwmark 0x01/0x01 table 100 ip route add local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100 iptables -t mangle -N REDSOCKS2 iptables -t mangle -A REDSOCKS2 -p udp -j TPROXY --on-port 10053 --tproxy-mark... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreich_kms
0 Replies
squid_unix_group(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       squid_unix_group(8)

NAME
squid_unix_group - Squid UNIX Group external_acl helper SYNOPSIS
squid_unix_group [-g groupname] [-g groupname...] [-p] [-s] DESCRIPTION
This helper allows Squid to base access controls on users memberships in UNIX groups. -g groupname Specifies a group name to match. -p Also match the users primary group from /etc/passwd -s Strip NT domain name component from user names (/ or separated) EXAMPLES
This squid.conf example defines two Squid acls. usergroup1 matches users in group1, and usergroup2 matches users in group2 or group3 external_acl_type unix_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_unix_group -p acl usergroup1 external unix_group group1 acl usergroup2 external unix_group group2 group3 NOTES
By default up to 11 groups can be matched in one acl (including commandline specified groups). This limit is defined by MAX_GROUPS in the source code. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> squid_unix_group is written by Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> KNOWN ISSUES
Does not understand gid aliased groups sometimes used to work around groups size limitations. If you are using gid aliased groups then you must specify each alias by name. QUESTIONS
Any questions on usage can be sent to Squid Users <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs or bug-fixes to Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> or Squid Developers <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> SEE ALSO
group(5),passwd(5) Squid UNIX Group helper 12 August 2002 squid_unix_group(8)