Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read nmon files
Operating Systems AIX read nmon files Post 302483019 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:15:37 AM
Old 12-23-2010
755 on directories /system_performance, and ./nmon_logs will work. All of the files in there should be 644 as well. 777 on everything is not a good idea.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

5. AIX

need help on NMON in AIX

HI, I have downloaded nmon 3.3c nmon analyzer, and run the command on aix ./nmon -f After that I have terminated the process and found .nmon file. when i have tried to open that file in nmon analyzer i.e in excel I am getting the error "no valid input data nmon run may have failed" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

NMON for RHEL45 WS

Hi guys, as per subject i am setting up NMON for the above OS but it is 64-bit Linux. I downloaded the 32-bit NMON for RHEL45 as it is the only one available for RHEL45. However, I ran into problem with the binary file. # ./nmon_x86_rhel45 ./nmon_x86_rhel45: error while loading shared... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read() wont allow me to read files larger than 2 gig (on a 64bit)

Hi the following c-code utilizing the 'read()' man 2 read method cant read in files larger that 2gig. Hi I've found a strange problem on ubuntu64bit, that limits the data you are allowed to allocate on a 64bit platform using the c function 'read()' The following program wont allow to allocate... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkeyking
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can nmon be customized?

Hi, my name is Steve Ngai from Malaysia. This is my first post. Hope to learn more about Unix from this forum. My first question is can nmon be customized? When I run nmon, I need to manually type c to see CPU usage, then m for memory usage. Can I pass it some nmon option to automatically see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read log files from last read

Hi i am looking a way to look at a log file(log.txt) from the last time I've read it. However after some days the main log file(log.txt) is rename to (log.txt.1). So now i will have two log files as below. log.txt.1 log.txt Now, i have to read the log from the point where i have left... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitsks
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files in shell script code and run a C program on those files

HI, I am trying to implement a simple shell script program that does not make use of ls or find commands as they are quite expensive on very large sets of files. So, I am trying to generate the file list myself. What I am trying to do is this: 1. Generate a file name using shell script, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies
atrm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   atrm(1)

NAME
atrm - Removes jobs spooled by at SYNOPSIS
atrm [-a] [-f | -i] [job_number...] | [user...] The atrm command removes jobs that were created with the at command. OPTIONS
Removes all jobs belonging to the person invoking atrm. If invoked by a privileged user, all jobs on the queue are removed. Suppresses the printing of all information about the jobs being removed. Prompts before a job is removed; a response of y, or the locale's equivalent of y, causes the job to be removed. Obsolete version of -a. DESCRIPTION
If one or more job numbers is specified, atrm attempts to remove only those jobs. If one or more usernames is specified, all jobs belonging to those users are removed. This form of invoking atrm is useful only if you have superuser authority. EXAMPLES
To remove job number 62169200.a, created by user chinn, from the queue created by the at command, enter: atrm chinn.62169200.a Note that specifies an at job for sh. (.f specifies an at job for csh, and specifies an at job for ksh.) FILES
Main cron directory. List of allowed users. List of denied users. Spool area. Queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
Commands: at(1), atq(1), cron(8) Files: queuedefs(4) atrm(1)