Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with rename header content based on reference file problem Post 302482936 by perl_beginner on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 05:05:52 AM
Old 12-23-2010
thanks, ROHON.
I just edit my post with another example.
Do you have any idea to solve the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character based on reference file problem asking

I got two files right now, input file (target file), reference file 1 (query file) reference file 1 (long list of data) KOLOPWMOPOPO ADASDASD ADSASDASDAD . . target file (one long liner content) ADASDASDTYUKOKOLOPWMOPOPOOPLUAADSASDASDADPOPOUYADADASDASD desired output file content ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file content based on file header

Hi, I have several text files each containing some data as shown below: File1.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... File2.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... etc. What I want is to change the 'DataHeader' based on the file name. So the output should look like: File1.txt >File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column one content based on reference file

Input file 1 testing 10 20 1 A testing 20 40 1 3 testing 23 232 2 1 testing 10 243 2 . . Reference file 1 final 3 used . . Output file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column one content based on reference file

Input file 1 testing 10 20 1 A testing 20 40 1 3 testing 23 232 2 1 testing 10 243 2 . . Reference file 1 final 3 used . . Output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file content based on the Header of the file

Hi All, I want to remove the content based on the header information . Please find the example below. File1.txt Name|Last|First|Location|DepId|Depname|DepLoc naga|rr|tion|hyd|1|wer|opr Nava|ra|tin|gen|2|wera|opra I have to search for the DepId and remove the data from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the column content based on the header

i have a input of csv file as below but the sequence of column get changed. I,e it is not necessary that name comes first then age and rest all, it may vary. name,age,marks,roll,section kevin,25,80,456,A Satch,23,56,789,B Meena,24,78,H245,C So i want to print that column entires which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 ; sed, awk and gnuwin32 are installed. I have a big text file I need to manipulate. In short, I will have to split it in thousands of short files, then rename and save in a folder which name is based upon filename. Here is a snippet of my big input.txt file (this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellig
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping record of file 2 based on a reference file 1 in awk

I have 2 input files (tab separated): file1: make_A 1990 foo bar make_B 2010 this that make_C 2004 these those file2: make_X 1970 1995 ref_1:43 ref_2:65 make_A 1970 1995 ref_1:4 ref_2:21 ref_3:18 make_A 1980 2002 ref_1:7 ref_2:7 ref_3:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
menu_post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)