Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Photonic Interconnection Networks for Multicore Architectures Post 302482927 by Linux Bot on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 04:15:02 AM
Old 12-23-2010
Photonic Interconnection Networks for Multicore Architectures

HPL-2010-204 Photonic Interconnection Networks for Multicore Architectures - Binkert, Nathan; Fiorentino, Marco
Keyword(s): Nanophotonic Architecture, Networking, Optics
Abstract: Silicon nanophotonics provides computer architects with the ability to solve pin bandwidth and cross-chip communication problems. Furthermore, ring resonators can be used to create simple optical circuits to implement low-latency global arbitration. ...
Full Report

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Multicore from a different angle

Everyone seemed to be a little stumped by the multicore question I asked earlier this week, so I decided I'd try a different angle. Turns out that on a multicore system HP-UX reports every core as a seperate processor. All the usual commands (ioscan, top, etc.) report two processors for every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

How do I detect multicore processors?

I'm fairly new to HP-UX, and I need to know how to identify the number of cores on a PA-8800 processor from the command line. Any help here would be appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
11 Replies

3. IP Networking

interconnection

hai i want to access my office server from my pc at home , i know the ip add subnetmask and gate way , where i should configure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How give tasks to individual processors in a multicore processor ?

Hi all, Using shell script, how to assign tasks to individual processors in a multicore processor ? For example: If I have 4 processors, I want to give one job to each of the processors. (When I give multiple jobs, it's assigning all the load to a single processor. ) Thanks R (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: habzone2007
5 Replies

5. Programming

Best reference for understanding core file and debugging for different architectures

Hi , could someone suggest best reference for core file understanding , analysis , debugging for different architectures like what registers represent what in a architecture specific core .. how to get maximum information out of corrupted core different tools and how they work and how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)