Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops Post 302482901 by LinuxUser2008 on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 11:21:32 PM
Old 12-23-2010
Re: Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Thanks for your tip, bluescreen.. tried what you had asked me to, but that seems to fail.. Here's the output i got
Code:

cut: invalid character in range

I will try to change the shell script as per the tips provided in the link..

Wish you a Merry Christmas,
BlubSmilie..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating executing commands on multiple tapes and changing (loading) them

The thing that we need to be able to do is: - Scanning tapes from failed backup jobs with bscan (a bacula command) - loading the next tape with the mtx command Bscan does unload tapes but does not load them. Bscan comes with this message when it's done with a tape: Mount Volume... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSHing with multiple hops

Hi, I have got a shell script, which fails to run properly.. I am getting the following error: "Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. Permission denied (gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive)." I SSH to the machine and then run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with executing multiple commands in remote machine

Hi, I work on a jumpserver and I wrote a script to transfer a file from source server to destination server. #!/bin/ksh echo "\nEnter the file name:\n" read name echo "\nSelect the Source server\n" echo "1. ODS PROD " echo "2. ODS DROPBOX" echo "3. ODS STE" echo "4. ODS STE DROPBOX"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

5. IP Networking

http over ssh tunnel using multiple hops

Hello, I got an application on a linux server that I would like to access using https and a URL. I would like to create a ssh tunnel. But, let's say the app is on box C, but box C can only be accessed through box B, that can be accessed only through box A. I would like to create the ssh tunnel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple commands in a file at same time

Hi Am having file.ksh as below wc -l file1.txt wc -l file2.txt wc -l file3.txt wc -l file4.txt i want all the commands in this file to execute in same time please help Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp over multiple hops

Hi friends, I am trying to scp a file from server A to Server C via Server B (which is jump host) from Server A to Server B i have one pem key. from server B to server C I have different Pem key.. what I tried scp -r -o ProxyCommand="ssh -W %h:%p ec2-user@1.4.5.5 dmu.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
7 Replies
SVNWRAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							SVNWRAP(1)

NAME
svnwrap - Umask wrapper for subversion client commands SYNOPSIS
svnwrap {program} [args...] DESCRIPTION
svnwrap is a simple shell script to work around permission problems when sharing Subversion repositories between multiple local users. svnwrap can be used either by specifying a particular subversion client command on the command line, or by invoking it by the same name as the desired client command, via a symlink. svnwrap sets the umask to 002, then launches the appropriate subversion client command. For complicated reasons, this is needed when using the clients with BDB-format repositories, but not for FSFS-format ones. EXAMPLES
To create a new BDB-format shared repository (note that FSFS-format shared repositories should also be created this way): svnwrap svnadmin create --fs-type=bdb /path/to/repo chgrp -R shared_group /path/to/repo The following line in /etc/inetd.conf can be used to serve svn:// URLs: svn stream tcp nowait my_svn_user /usr/bin/svnwrap svnserve svnserve -i -r /srv/svn The following commands enable use of svnwrap for local file:/// and remote svn+ssh:// URLs: ln -s /usr/bin/svnwrap /usr/local/bin/svn ln -s /usr/bin/svnwrap /usr/local/bin/svnserve svn is used for local file:/// URLs, and svnserve is invoked by remote users of svn+ssh:// URLs. BUGS
If you symlink the svn binary to svnwrap, as shown in one of the examples, all local users' working copies will also use the new umask. Be sure to warn your users about this, as security-related surprises are rarely pleasant. SEE ALSO
svnserve(8), svn(1), svnlook(1). AUTHOR
svnwrap and this manual were written by Peter Samuelson for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2006-04-21 SVNWRAP(1)