Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect Post 302482787 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 02:02:36 PM
Old 12-22-2010
Have you an understanding of framebuffers?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

S-Video

How can i use svideo with linux RH 9.0. I wish to output video to my tv, or projector. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erhan_j
1 Replies

2. Solaris

No video display

I have two Ultra 80s that I'm working with, on one of them I was able to get video and build the system, but on the other ultra 80, the monitor switches on but doesn't display any video. Any suggestions as to how I could go about troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance, Justin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroglass
0 Replies

3. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies
ACPI_VIDEO(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					     ACPI_VIDEO(4)

NAME
acpi_video -- ACPI Video Extensions driver SYNOPSIS
device acpi_video DESCRIPTION
This driver uses the ACPI Video Extensions to control display switching and backlight brightness. The availability of the sysctl(8) vari- ables depends on the functions offered by the host's ACPI implementation. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctls are currently implemented, where <device> is crt, lcd, or tv: hw.acpi.video.<device>.active Current state of the output device. hw.acpi.video.<device>.levels List of supported brightness levels. hw.acpi.video.<device>.brightness Current brightness level of the device. hw.acpi.video.<device>.fullpower Preset brightness level to be used in full power mode. hw.acpi.video.<device>.economy Preset brightness level to be used in economy mode. Defaults for these variables can be set in sysctl.conf(5), which is parsed at boot-time. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), loader.conf(5), sysctl.conf(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The acpi_video driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The acpi_video driver was written by Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>. This manual page was written by Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>. BUGS
Some systems only perform output switching via SMM even though they export the proper information via ACPI. On such systems, the proper hotkeys or OEM driver (for example, acpi_toshiba(4)) must be used instead. BSD
November 8, 2004 BSD