Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users start some services automatically Post 302482737 by bernard12 on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 11:38:55 AM
Old 12-22-2010
hi

if i understand i must to change the runlevl 0 of httpd from OFF to ON
in order to get the httpd launched automatically when the server reboot

Thanks and regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting postfix tyo start automatically

Postfix has an initscript just like sendmail did so while logged in as root, simply type: ntsysv and select postfix. The message above is from the Redhat postifx FAQ. I tried running ntsysv and postfix is not listed as a selection. I can start postfix manually without any problems, but I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Vaidya
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Start Up Services?

Solaris uses a few different mechanisms to start up services and processes at boot time. Where do all the running processes come from? Can you find from where they were started? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc40
8 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

6. SuSE

start services during the startup

I'm trying to add services to start services automatically during the system start up in suse linux. I followed these steps.. chkconfig servicename on and created symbolic link at /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ folder with name S80servicename. here is the command I used ln -s /etc/init.d/servicename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
8 Replies

7. Linux

How to start pc automatically when power comes (Server)?

Can anyone tell me how to start pc automatically when power comes, here I just want to start server automatically, on boot, my server starts automatically because I have written some startup commands in rc.local file but if power fails, then how can I boot automatically (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start Services in Clustered Environment

Hello Experts, I have a requirement to start and stop weblogic services in a clustered environment. First i need to start weblogic server and once the server is in Running mode i need to do SSH to other server and there i need to start Node Manager and Managed server, After these two are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beginner786
1 Replies
IFSERVICES(5)						       Network configuration						     IFSERVICES(5)

NAME
ifservices-* - control network services with ifup/down SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ is read by the script /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-services which starts and stops system services when an interface is set up/down. ifup-services is used by /sbin/ifup, which is the command line user interface for setting up network interfaces. This is useful if you don't have a permanent network connection. If you sometimes boot without network and plug in the network cable later you can add links to system services in this directory. These services will then be started with ifup and stopped with ifdown. The configuration name used for ifservices-* should match exactly the configuration name of the ifcfg-* file for the interface. For the usage with NetworkManager (where you don't necessarily need a ifcfg-* file) you can also use /etc/sysconfig/network/ifser- vices-<interface>-<essid>/ (for wlan interfaces) or if that does not exist /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<interface>/. As a final fallback /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices/ is checked as well. If NetworkManager is active services will be stopped after the interface is down. The links in this directory are equal to the links in the runlevel directories /etc/init.d/rc*.d/ They have to point to service start scripts which are usually in /etc/init.d/. Links starting with 'S' are start links, which are called in alphabetical order after ifup has set up the interface. Links starting with 'K' are kill links which are called before ifdown takes down the interface. See also section Sequencing Directories in boot (7). EXAMPLE
In this example we use an interface with MAC address 00:de:ad:be:af:00. This interface is not always physically connected. As soon as you plug in the cable ypbind and autofs should be started. When you pull the cable they should be stopped. This can be reached with: in file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00 ... STARTMODE=ifplugd ... in dir /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00/ S10portmap -> /etc/init.d/portmap S20ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind S30autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs S20autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs K30ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind Now you have to disable the start of this services at boot time chkconfig ypbind off chkconfig autofs off Notes: You may call scripts/create-ifservices-directory [<interface_name>] to create a directory with the links from this example. This will cre- ate the directory ifservices-<interface_name> or if no interface name was given ifservices-template. Maybe you have to add also variable IFPLUGD_PRIORITY. For details about startmode ifplugd read ifup (8). The service portmap had to be added because ypbind needs it. This service is still started at boot time because it does not need an active network connection. But ypbind may now be started earlier as usual. Therefore we make sure that portmap is started before. Starting an already running service again does not affect the service. SEE ALSO
ifup(8), ifcfg(5). AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> sysconfig February 2005 IFSERVICES(5)