Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 2.6TB filesystem to be copied or moved to another FS ? Post 302482579 by filosophizer on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 03:02:53 AM
Old 12-22-2010
okay, cplv has failed

1) I had a filesystem with 200G allocation with actual Data of 100.6 GB
so I created another filesystem with 245 GB and tried to copy with cplv command and i got a message to use chlv with -t parameter ; so i didn't understand why i should change the type when they are both same type of filesystem JFS2 ?

so, i skipped and went to another option , cplv to user-create logical volume ( that is the system will create the logical volume by itself )

2) cplv to user-create logical volume is taking more than 1.1 hour and still the copy was not finished and I had to cancel/abort the operation because users needed the filesystem to copy 100.6 GB (total filesystem size 200GB) Logical Volume to another logical volume is taking more than 1.1 hours
any suggestions ?

some suggested copying files and directories but Oracle team is avoiding this approach.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Check copied file

Hi all, If i wanted to copy file within different folders or different servers, how do i determine the copied file is absolutely correct :confused: Is it using cmp and chksum command enough? Anyway that i can make further checking? Thanks in advance for reading & anyone who reply the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sudo scp -r – can't get everything copied though

I want to copy a folder and all its contents of ~700GB from a computer to another. I've tried sudo scp -r directory/ admin@host:directory but the result is that the copied folder is about 2GBs smaller than the original. I checked the shell for errors and found some "file doesn't exist" errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
LVREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREDUCE(8)

NAME
lvreduce - reduce the size of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvreduce [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] {-l|--extents [-]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|FREE|ORIGIN}] | [-L|--size [-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]} [-n|--nofsck] [-r|--resizefs] Logi- calVolume{Name|Path} DESCRIPTION
lvreduce allows you to reduce the size of a logical volume. Be careful when reducing a logical volume's size, because data in the reduced part is lost!!! You should therefore ensure that any filesystem on the volume is resized before running lvreduce so that the extents that are to be removed are not in use. Shrinking snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information to create snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert(8). Sizes will be rounded if necessary - for example, the volume size must be an exact number of extents and the size of a striped segment must be a multiple of the number of stripes. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Force size reduction without prompting even when it may cause data loss. -l, --extents [-]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|FREE|ORIGIN}] Reduce or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the - sign the value will be subtracted from the logical volume's actual size and without it the value will be taken as an absolute size. The total number of physical extents freed will be greater than this logical value if, for example, the volume is mirrored. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, as a percentage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE, or (for a snapshot) as a percentage of the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN. The resulting value for the subtraction is rounded downward, for the absolute size it is rounded upward. N.B. In a future release, when expressed as a percentage with VG or FREE, the number will be treated as an approximate total number of physical extents to be freed (including extents used by any mirrors, for example). The code may currently release more space than you might otherwise expect. -L, --size [-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] Reduce or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of k for kilobyte, m for megabyte, g for gigabytes, t for terabytes, p for petabytes or e for exabytes is optional. With the - sign the value will be subtracted from the logical vol- ume's actual size and without it it will be taken as an absolute size. -n, --nofsck Do not perform fsck before resizing filesystem when filesystem requires it. You may need to use --force to proceed with this option. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. -r, --resizefs Resize underlying filesystem together with the logical volume using fsadm(8). Examples Reduce the size of logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 by 3 logical extents: lvreduce -l -3 vg00/lvol1 SEE ALSO
fsadm(8), lvchange(8), lvconvert(8), lvcreate(8), lvextend(8), lvm(8), lvresize(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) LVREDUCE(8)