Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script command line option driven script Post 302482459 by kpddong on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 02:17:59 PM
Old 12-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Code:
$
$ cat perl_getopt
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
use Getopt::Std;

our($opt_c, $opt_s, $opt_e);
getopt('c:s:e:');

if (defined($opt_c)) {print "option c is $opt_c \n";}
if (defined($opt_s)) {print "option s is $opt_s \n";}
if (defined($opt_e)) {print "option e is $opt_e \n";}

foreach $arg (@ARGV) { print "arg = $arg\n"; }
$
$
$
$
$ ./perl_getopt -s sval  -c cval   one two 333 fore
option c is cval
option s is sval
arg = one
arg = two
arg = 333
arg = fore
$

thank you for your reply.

excuse me but why are there $ in all the lines?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing from command line to perl script

I had posted previously about this problem I had. I have multiple text files with hundreds of lines of the following type: 2000001 34 54 234 2000001 32 545 2000001 -2000001 77 2000001 44 2000001 998 2000001 77 32 2000001 45 23 111 89 98 75 23 34 999 . . . etc... What I wanted was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xchen89x
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a menu or command line option driven script?

i'm confused what this means. i was asked to design a menu or command line option driven script that reads out of a DB and displays info such as read_data.pl -u <user> -e <event> which would print commands run by <user>with the <event> in the db. any suggestions? i've been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl command driven script

so i have 3 options - i, d, a - for id, date, and arguments therefore perl test.pl -i admin -d 11/1/1 would show me the results of a table with the id admin on the date of 11/1/1. i would like perl test.pl -i admin -d 11/1/1 -a to show me results of a table with the id, admin on the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script - command line parameter

i am a beginner, i want to make a program that takes any command line arguments... and print it out in reverse. ie. if the command line argument is "thanks for helping me" i want it to output "me helping for thanks" :D i have tried using the reverse command, but i cant get it working!! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a tar command with the --exclude option in a Debian shell script.

Hi All, I am trying to execute the following tar command with two --exclude options to suppress extract of the two directories specified. Do I need to single quote the directory paths ?? Many thanks for your help. The relevant code excerpt from the script is: cd /var/www/${SITE} ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Driven Bash Shell Script with Default Option

Hi All, I have written a menu driven bash shell script. Current Output is as below: ------------------------------------- Main Menu ------------------------------------- Option 1 Option 2 Option 3 Option 4 Exit ===================================== Enter your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
Ns_Sock(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Sock(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_BindSock, Ns_GetSockAddr, Ns_SockAccept, Ns_SockAsyncConnect, Ns_SockAsyncConnect2, Ns_SockBind, Ns_SockCloseLater, Ns_SockConnect, Ns_SockConnect2, Ns_SockListen, Ns_SockListenEx, Ns_SockPipe, Ns_SockSetBlocking, Ns_SockSetNonBlocking, Ns_SockStrError, Ns_SockTimedCon- nect, Ns_SockTimedConnect2, ns_pipe, ns_sockpair - library procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" Ns_BindSock(arg, arg) Ns_GetSockAddr(arg, arg) Ns_SockAccept(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockBind(arg, arg) Ns_SockCloseLater(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockListen(arg, arg) Ns_SockListenEx(arg, arg) Ns_SockPipe(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetNonBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockStrError(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect2(arg, arg) ns_pipe(arg, arg) ns_sockpair(arg, arg) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions ... SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Sock(3aolserver)