Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work Post 302482454 by pludi on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 02:04:31 PM
Old 12-21-2010
The answer is quite simple: single quotes, unlike double quotes, won't interpolate the content of the variable, but take the string as is. See perldoc perlop for details on quoting.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to cisco router and compare the ping ms

All Please help, i will telnet to router to obain the ping status and compare, if higher than normal latency, i will have further action.. if i do the telent and in perl script then .... e.g the result i obtain from the router will be =' Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command doesn't work through variables

Hi.... cd command is not working when dual string drive/volume name is passed to cd through variables....... For Ex.... y=/Volumes/Backup\ vipin/ cd $y the above command gives error....... anyone with a genuine solution ? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinchauhan222
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl telnet issue with cisco

Hi Experts, I am using perl to telnet on cisco boxes. We have this stupid cisco node which does not support "terminal Length0" command. Since I am using Net::Telnet and capturing output with @output = $telnet->cmd('cmd'); Say @output = $telnet->cmd('show version'); Now problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. AIX

PING to AIX works but TELNET FTP SSH doesn't work

root@PRD /> rsh DR KFAFH_DR: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end root@PRD /> telnet DR Trying... Connected to DR. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed. root@PRD /> ftp DR Connected to KFAFH_DR. 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)

NAME
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil - Fetch Brasiln stock quotes via Yahoo. SYNOPSIS
use Finance::Quote; my $q = Finance::Quote->new; my %info = $q->fetch("yahoo_brasil","BHP"); # Use this module only. my %info = $q->fetch("brasil","BHP"); # Failover with other methods. DESCRIPTION
This module allows information to be fetched from Yahoo abouts stocks traded on the Brasilian Stock Exchange. This module is loaded by default on a Finance::Quote object, although it can be explicitly loaded by passing the argument "Yahoo::Brasil" to Finance::Quote->new(). This module provides both the "brasil" and "yahoo_brasil" fetch methods. You should use the "brasil" method if you wish to allow failovers to other sources, and "yahoo_brasil" if you only want to obtain quotes from this module. Information obtained via this module is governed by Yahoo's terms and conditions, see http://br.finance.yahoo.com/ for more details. LABELS RETURNED
This module returns all the standard labels (where available) provided by Yahoo, as well as the currency label. See Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base for more information. SEE ALSO
Yahoo Brasil, http://br.finance.yahoo.com/ Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base perl v5.14.2 2014-03-03 Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)