Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work Post 302482392 by ahmed_zaher on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 11:30:34 AM
Old 12-21-2010
Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving.

Please advise.

here is a sample of script:
Code:
use Net::Telnet::Cisco;
$device = "10.14.199.1";
($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);
print "$o1\n";
print "$o2\n";
print "$o3\n";
print "$o4\n";
my $session = Net::Telnet::Cisco->new(Host => '$device');
$session->login('cisco', 'cisco');
$session->cmd('conf t');
@output = $session->cmd('ip dhcp excluded-address 172.18.$o3.1 172.18.$o3.20');
print "@output\n";
@output = $session->cmd('ip dhcp excluded-address 10.14.$o3.130 10.14.$o3.145');
print "@output\n";

$session->close;

The variables with red color don't resolved.
please advise.

---------------------------

I got the following output:
Code:
C:\Users\Administrator>perl c:\Scripts\dhcp.pl
Can't locate auto/Net/Telnet/Cisco/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains: F:/Perl/
site/lib F:/Perl/lib .) at F:/Perl/lib/AutoLoader.pm line 173.
at F:/Perl/lib/Net/Telnet/Cisco.pm line 18
unknown remote host: $device at c:\Scripts\dhcp.pl line 12

when I manually resolve the $device variable, I got the following output:
Code:

C:\Users\Administrator>perl c:\Scripts\dhcp.pl
Can't locate auto/Net/Telnet/Cisco/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains: F:/Perl/
site/lib F:/Perl/lib .) at F:/Perl/lib/AutoLoader.pm line 173.
at F:/Perl/lib/Net/Telnet/Cisco.pm line 18
Last command and router error:
R2(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 172.18.$o3.1 172.18.$o3.20
                                                        ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

-----------------------
note: ^ is under $ not as it appears.
------------------------

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment ^ would have been under $ if you had used code tags Smilie You got a PM with a guide.

Last edited by Scott; 12-21-2010 at 02:08 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to cisco router and compare the ping ms

All Please help, i will telnet to router to obain the ping status and compare, if higher than normal latency, i will have further action.. if i do the telent and in perl script then .... e.g the result i obtain from the router will be =' Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command doesn't work through variables

Hi.... cd command is not working when dual string drive/volume name is passed to cd through variables....... For Ex.... y=/Volumes/Backup\ vipin/ cd $y the above command gives error....... anyone with a genuine solution ? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinchauhan222
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl telnet issue with cisco

Hi Experts, I am using perl to telnet on cisco boxes. We have this stupid cisco node which does not support "terminal Length0" command. Since I am using Net::Telnet and capturing output with @output = $telnet->cmd('cmd'); Say @output = $telnet->cmd('show version'); Now problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. AIX

PING to AIX works but TELNET FTP SSH doesn't work

root@PRD /> rsh DR KFAFH_DR: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end root@PRD /> telnet DR Trying... Connected to DR. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed. root@PRD /> ftp DR Connected to KFAFH_DR. 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies